- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Inclusion of occupational therapy in extended health benefits in public insurance plans; refugee health; veterans health; indigenous people's health.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- CAOT is advocating for the inclusion of occupational therapists (OTs) on primary care teams in communities across Canada, so that OTs can provide low cost high impact interventions that result in positive health and wellness outcomes for the people of Canada. OTs provide home assessments and modifications that allow seniors for example stay at home and lead productive lives in their communities.
- CAOT provides its perspectives on legislation such as the implementation of Pan Canadian Framework for Palliative Care in Canada Act. Proposals for a stand alone Seniors' Ministry
- We are proposing minor amendments to the Canada Health Act that would include the words "health & wellness".
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Provide CAOT perspectives on the implementation of the Pan Canadian Palliative Care Framework Canada Act.
The inclusion of occupational therapists on all Primary Care Teams in communities across Canada re health system innovation and transformation.
Policies or Program
- Easier access to Non Insured Health Benefits Program by streamlining the application and approval process.
- Importance of occupational therapy interventions to support the Armed Forces and Veterans
- Promote the creation of a source of funding for occupational therapy research
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
National Defence (DND)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Senate of Canada
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists is a national professional organization that provides membership services, resources, standards and advocacy for the occupational therapy profession in Canada.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
Organization's membership or classes of membership
Individual member; Life/Honorary member; Associate member; Student member; and Affiliate members (organizations with objectives similar to CAOT's)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
100-34 Colonnade Road
Ottawa, ON K2E 7J6
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Helene Sabourin,
Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Association of Occupaional Therapists |
No public offices held