- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-15 Migratory Birds Convention Act (2005) and Bill C-16 Marine Enforcement Act (2009) with respect to marine discharges, reception facilities
- Canada Shipping Act with respect to Adoption of MARPOL Annex VI Revisions (International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships)
Policies or Program
- Asia-Pacific Gateway development and funding with respect to new and enhanced navigation aids policy. We are seeking clarification of funding policy for new navigation aids and thereafter maintenenace of same.
- Collection arrangments with respect to collection of Canadian Coast Guard Marine Services Fees as per Request for Proposal FP802-090083 dated July 16, 2009. This is currently under appeal.
- Joint US/Canada submission to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) for an Emissions Control Area (ECA)
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gases from marine vessels under the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- Vancouver International Maritime Centre with respect to promoting Vancouver as an international maritime centre for international shipping companies
- Marine Transportation Security Regulations with respect to proposed amendments, Part 3 - Requirements for foreign vessels.
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
To provide a coordinated forum to promote the growth and development of the Marine Community with regard to socio-economic, safety and other pertinent issues.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
The Western Marine Community Coalition is a broad based coalition of organizations and individuals who share common perceptions of the essential needs for the well being of commercial and recreational maritime activity.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
100 - 1111 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2J3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Stephen Brown,
Executive Director |
No public offices held