Registration - In-house Organization
Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries / Ron Oberth, President
Total Number of Communication Reports: 1
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 1 of 9 (2012-07-31 to 2013-01-22)
- Economic Development
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Federal Export Controls Act. The Organization of CANDU Industries, on behalf of its member companies, encourages the Federal Government to support the export of nuclear products and services related to peaceful uses of atomic energy, to counties with which Canada has signed an NCA
- International Trade - OCI seeks support of the Export Development Canada in providing export credits that will enable OCI companies to export their products and service to countries with which Canada has signed and implemented a Nuclear Cooperation Agreement.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- submissions to Federal Joint Panels
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL)
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Organization of CANDU Industries (OCI) is an association of 170 leading Canadian private sector suppliers to the nuclear industry in Canada and abroad. OCI member companies collectively employ more than 30,000 highly skilled and specialized people who manufacture major equipment and components and provide engineering services and support for CANDU and other nuclear power plants in Canada and around the world. OCI companies also work on medical and other safe applications of nuclear technology. OCI actively promotes the continued production of safe, clean and reliable nuclear base load electricity as a key part of a balanced electricity generation portfolio in Ontario. OCI also advocates for the continued production of nuclear electricity in Quebec and New Brunswick and encourages the use of nuclear energy in Western Canada.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Ron Oberth, President
Organization's membership or classes of membershipOCI currently has two classes of membership. One voting membership at different levels and a supporting membership which is a non-voting class.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1730 McPherson Court
Pickering, ON L1W 3E6
Fax number: 905-839-7085
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Ron Oberth, President | No public offices held