- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Obtain contributions from Automotive Innovation Fund for investment in Canadian facilities/initiatives.
- Obtain contributions from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council for research partnerships.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-205, An Act to amend the Canada Labour Code (replacement workers)as it relates to the potential impact federal strike positions may have on the automotive industry.
- Budget recommendations in respect of advanced vehicle technology consumer incentives
- Budget recommendations in respect of automotive investment fund
- Budget recommendations in respect of removing ecoAUTO levies
- Budget recommendations in respect of renewable fuel initiatives and incentives
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) in respect of impacts on automotive industry
- Employment Insurance Act in respect of impact on vehicle assembly operations.
- International Trade Agreements in respect of fairness and access to markets for automotive industry.
Policies or Program
- Canada-European Union Trade Agreement in respect of fairness and access to markets for the automotive industry
- Administration of Mercury Switch Regulation in respect of end-of-life vehicles.
- Amendments to Vehicle Emissions regulations in respect of tailpipe emissions.
- Amendments to and regulatory development of Canadian Manufacturing Vehicles Safety Standards 208 with regard to harmonization with US FMVSS 208.
- Development of and amendments to fuel consumption regulations with respect to drafting 2012 to 2016 Model Year (MY) rulemaking.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Labour Relations Board (CLRB)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Canadian Pension Commission (CPC)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Competition Tribunal (CT)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission (HMIRC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
Justice Canada (JC)
National Energy Board (NEB)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Pension Appeals Board (PAB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1908 Colonel Sam Drive
Oshawa, ON L1H 8P7
Neil MacDonald, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, General Counsel
Parent Company Information
- General Motors Company
100 Renaissance Centre
Detroit, MI 48265-1000
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
General Motors of Canada Ltd. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of General Motors of Canada Ltd. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
General Motors of Canada Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
46 Elgin Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5K6
Consultant Firm and Address
Earnscliffe Strategy Group
rue 46 Elgin
Ottawa, ON K1P 5K6