- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Regulations in regards to Growing Forward 2 including Cash Advance Programs, AgriStability, Crop insurance (these are all farm financial support programs).
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Increase A-base funding for public research for the grains, oilseeds and pulse sectors within AAFC existing budget and to increase the global AAFC budget.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canadian Wheat Board Act with respect to monopoly powers and election of directors.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- European Free Trade Association Act, Peru Free Trade Act, Columbia Free Trade Act, Dominican Republic Free Trade Act, South Korean Free Trade Act, European Free Trade Act and North American Free Trade Act, Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
We are specifically interested in tariffs, domestic subsidies and export subsidies related to grains, oilseeds and pulse crops.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Canada Labour Code, and regulations specifically related to grain handling and transportation.
- Income Tax Act and specifically taxation related to agriculture and value-added agricultural processing.
- Seeds Act, more specifically existing and proposed regulations from CFIA and AAFC on Plant Novel Traits, Weed Seed Orders and Genetically Modified Organisms.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, specifically around the movement and storage of crop inputs and farm machinery.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Grain Transportation Act, specifically on the transportation of cereal, oilseed and pulse crops.
Policies or Program
- Agri-Food Trade Policy regarding World Trade Organization (WTO) as it relates to improvements in market access, tariff reduction and export subsidies.
- Agricultural trade negotiations, including proposed bi-laterals with the Eurpean Union, and South Korea with respect to more grain export market opportunities for grain farmers.
- Creation of new rural development programs, with a specific focus on research and value adding to the cereal, oilseeds and pulse sectors.
- National Farm Stewardship Program and more specifically costs of administration to be borne by farmers.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Biofuels and the regulations related to biofuels including the % content required in Cdn fuels, feed stocks, and the incentive programs in place for expansion.
- Health Canada - Food and Drug Regulations as they relate to mandatory nutrition labeling, health claims involving cereal grains, oilseeds and pulse crops, Genetically Modified food labeling.
- On Farm Food Safety and more specifically the design, costs and enforcement as it relates directly to farmers.
- Pesticide Management Review Agency regulations in regards to Minor Use Pesticide Program including new pesticides, minor uses and amended labelling for usage.
- Pesticide Management Review Agency regulations in regards to the Own Use Import and the Grower Requested Own Use programs.
- Regulations in regards to Environmental Farm Planning, more specifically the design, costs and implementation fo the farm planning
- The Smart Regulation initiative as it relates to crop registration, agriculture, crop input registrations and health claims for human or animal consumption.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Competition Tribunal (CT)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission (HMIRC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Members of the House of Commons
National Defence (DND)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Further the interests of Canadian grain, oilseed, and pulse producers
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
We are made up of 14 farm organizations, as follows: Alberta Barley Commission; Alberta Grain Commission; Alberta Oat Rye and Triticale Association; Alberta Pulse Growers; Alberta Winter Wheat Producers Commission; Atlantic Grains Council; BC Grain Producers Association; Canadian Canola Growers Association;Canadian Young Farmers Forum; Manitoba Corn Growers Association; Manitoba Pulse Growers Assoc., Oat and Barley Council of Ontario; Prairie Oat Growers Association; Western Barley Growers Association; Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
350 Sparks Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 7S8
Lobbyists employed by the organization