- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Obtain contributions from Automotive Innovation Fund for investment in Canadian facilities/initiatives.
- Obtain contributions from Automotive Partnership Council (APC)
- Obtain contributions from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council for research partnerships.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- An Act to promote the efficiency and adaptability of the Canadian economy by regulating certain activities that discourage reliance on electronic means of carrying out commercial activities, and to amend the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Telecommunications Act in respect of the legislative review.
- Budget recommendations in respect of advanced vehicle technology consumer incentives
- Budget recommendations in respect of alternative fuel and refueling infrastructure support tax policies and support programs
- Budget recommendations in respect of automotive investment fund
- Budget recommendations in respect of removing ecoAUTO levies
- Budget recommendations in respect to existing and proposed automotive R & D, Innovation Development and Innovation Commercialization support programs
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) in respect of impacts on automotive industry
- Employment Insurance Act in respect of impact on vehicle assembly operations.
- International Trade Agreements in respect of fairness and access to markets for automotive industry.
- New legislation and/or revisions to existing legislation in the area of Vehicle Emissions, Vehicle Safety and Vehicle Efficiency
- Administration of Mercury Switch Regulation in respect of end-of-life vehicles.
- New regulations and amendments to existing Vehicle Criteria Emission Standards and regulations.
- New regulations and amendments to existing Vehicle GHG Emission standards and regulations
- New regulations and amendments to existing Vehicle Safety standards and regulations
- New regulations and amendments to existing Vehicle energy efficiency standards and regulations
- New regulations and amendments to existing regulations pertaining to consumer protection and electronic commerce
- New regulations or policies related to Chemical Management Program and their impacts on manfacturing or vehicle importation
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canada Labour Relations Board (CLRB)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Canadian Pension Commission (CPC)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Competition Tribunal (CT)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission (HMIRC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Justice Canada (JC)
National Energy Board (NEB)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Pension Appeals Board (PAB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1908 Colonel Sam Drive
Oshawa, ON L1H 8P7
David Paterson, Vice President, Corporate and Environmental Affairs
Parent Company Information
- General Motors Company
100 Renaissance Centre
Detroit, MI 48265-1000
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
General Motors of Canada Ltd. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of General Motors of Canada Ltd. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
General Motors of Canada Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
Suite 200, 46 Elgin Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5K6
Consultant Firm and Address
Earnscliffe Strategy Group
46 ELGIN STREET, Suite 200
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5K6