- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Amendments to Canada Marine Act with respect to increasing the number of applicable ports.
- Canada Shipping Act 2001 with respect to various amendments related to spill preparedness and response.
- Implementation of Canada's National Marine Conservation Areas Act (2002) with respect to the proposed Southern Strait of Georgia National Marine Conservation Area.
- Oceans Act with respect to marine transportation and the Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area (PNCIMA).
- Pacific Pilotage Authority execution of the Pilotage Act 1972 with respect to the application of Fee Amendments, pilotage waivers, pilot qualifications and the regional task force review.
- Review of the Canada Transportation Act with respect to supply chain efficiency, port competitiveness, letters patent and the organizational roles of Transport Canada and the Canadian Coast Guard in emergency response.
Policies or Program
- Canada Border Services Agency with respect to the regulatory amendments under the Customs Act for "E Manifest" requirements for conveyance and cargo reporting in the marine mode.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Asian Gypsy Moth Policy with respect to the inspection policy for vessels arriving from high risk ports and industry's requests for policy reviews.
- Canadian ratification of the International Convention on Removal of Wrecks (IWR Convention) with respect to a review of related Canadian legislation.
- Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) with respect to Canadian competitiveness.
- Transport Canada Shortsea Shipping Policy - initiatives / programs and impact on the movement of containers through British Columbia ports.
- Implementation of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Ballast Water Management Convention (2004) with respect to Canadian Coastal Voyages and sampling of ballast water.
- Proposed Regulations amending the Immigration & Refugee Protection Regulations with respect to reporting of ships' crew.
- Regulations Amending Certain Regulations made under the Customs Act with respect to eManifest.
- Vessel Pollution & Dangerous Chemicals. The North American Emissions Control Area (ECA) with respect to the filing of fuel non-availability reports, the sampling of fuel for compliance and the application of Administrative Monetary Penalties.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
Nanaimo Port Authority
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Parks Canada (PC)
Port Alberni Port Authority
Prince Rupert Port Authority
Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (Port Metro Vancouver)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
TO ASSIST PERSONS, FIRMS AND CORPORATIONS INVOLVED IN SHIPPING AS AGENTS, OWNERS, AND OPERATORS IN COMPLYING WITH APPLICABLE LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS BY ACTING AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF MEMBERS, IN SECURING SERVICES AND BY OBTAINING OR DISSEMINATING INFORMATION ON APPLICABLE LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS. TO PROMOTE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SHIPPING BUSINESS, NEGOTIATE ON BEHALF OF ITS MEMBERS, FURTHER COOPERATION AMONG THOSE ENGAGED IN SHIPPING, UNDERTAKE THE STUDY OF PROBLEMS RELATING TO THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY, PROPOSE LEGISLATION AND REGULATIONS WHICH MAY AFFECT SHIPPING, ADVISE GOVERNMENTAL BODIES OR THEIR DEPARTMENTS ON MATTERS RELATING TO SHIPPING AND PROMOTE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF BUSINESS ETHICS AMONG THOSE ENGAGED IN THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
PRINCIPAL MEMBERSHIP (63 MEMBERS) A PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION ENGAGED IN DEEP-SEA SHIPPING OR COASTAL SHIPPING, AS AN OWNER, GENERAL AGENT, OR OPERATOR, WITH A PLACE OF BUSINESS IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (63 MEMBERS) A PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION ENGAGED IN A BUSINESS SERVING OR RELATED TO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
100 - 1111 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2J3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Rosemary Bray,
Executive Assistant |
No public offices held
- Stephen Brown,
No public offices held
- Bonnie Gee,
Vice President |
No public offices held