- Consumer Issues
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- • Bills related to lawful access obligations that will have a direct impact on the Company from a financial and operational perspective, as well as impact on TELUS customers from a privacy perspective, and with respect to obligations imposed on carriers with respect to intercept and subscriber information.
- • Informing Federal officials around TELUS initiatives in the Health Care field and communicating the need for increased cooperation in developing next generation health care services between all levels of Government.
- • Potential Amendments to the Broadcasting Act, with respect to streamlining regulation of broadcasting industry.
- • Proposing amendments pursuant to Income Tax Act concerning Capital Cost Allowance deductions.
- • Review of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as relates to communications service providers’ obligations
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- • Critical infrastructure and cyber security - protection of facilities, networks, technology, assets and systems.
Policies or Program
- • Broadband Canada - Connecting Rural Canadians program which is of interest to TELUS.
- • Broadcasting Policies Relating to Conventional Television
- • Broadcasting Policies Relating to Specialty Television
- • Policy Framework with regard to the terms and conditions of auction for Spectrum Licences
- • Proposed Digital Economy Strategy with respect to spectrum policy.
- • Regulatory environment affecting the Canadian wireless market, including regulatory framework with regard to the requirements around rural network infrastructure builds, the policy framework around spectrum auction rules and regulations on the purchase of existing Canadian wireless companies.
- • Spectrum policy framework as related to incumbent wireless carriers with respect to all technological and financial implications of proposed government policies.
- • Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission review of Basic Telecommunications Services
- • Copyright regulations and the Copyright Modernization Act with respect to the scheduled five year review.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Copyright Board of Canada (CB)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
National Defence (DND)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Status of Women Canada (SWC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
555 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3K9
Johanne Senecal, Senior Vice-President Federal Government and Regulatory Affairs
Parent Company Information
TELUS Corporation is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
TELUS Corporation is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of TELUS Corporation are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- TELUS Communications Company
21 – 3777 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 3Z7
- TELUS Communications Inc.
8-555 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3K9
Public offices held
55 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5
Consultant Firm and Address
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2