- Constitutional Issues
- International Relations
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- National Security/Security
- Privacy and Access to Information
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- ANTI-TERRORISM ACT, 2015 (support for repeal or amendments to the Act to ensure compliance with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the protection of Canadian civil liberties, and effective oversight mechanisms.)
- BILL C-23: PRECLEARANCE ACT, 2016 (support for amendments to the Act to ensure protection of the human rights of Canadian travelers, accountability for violations of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and to strengthen the protection of privacy rights).
- BILL C-305 (Supporting legislation on hate crimes and hate-based property damage, vandalism, and criminal mischief).
- CITIZENSHIP ACT (supporting amendments to repeal measures for citizenship revocation for dual-citizens arising from national security offences.)
Policies or Program
- Anti-racism: advocating for initiatives related to combating Islamophobia and supporting various programs to promote diversity and inclusion in Canada.
- International Relations: advocating for the Canadian government to adopt and ratify the Optional Protocol to the United Nations Convention against Torture and other forms of Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
- Religion: advocating for the protection of freedom of religion in Canada and with respect to the reasonable accommodation of religious observances.
- Security: advocating for changes to directives for Canadian national security agencies concerning the sharing of information with foreign states that practice torture.
- Travel & Transportation: advocating for the repeal of the Canadian no-fly list (Passenger Protect) or the creation of effective redress mechanisms to protect Canadians from 'false positives'.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is an independent, non-partisan and non-profit organization that works to protect Canadian human rights and civil liberties, challenge discrimination and Islamophobia, and promote the public interests of Canadian Muslim communities.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is governed by a board of directors (maximum of 10 directors). The organization is federally incorporated and is supported by Canadian individuals and organizations who support the NCCM’s programs and services.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
P.O. Box 13219
Ottawa, ON K2K 1X4
Employees who lobby for the organization
- Ihsaan Gardee,
Executive Director |
No public offices held