Registration - In-house Organization
Native Women's Association of Canada / L'Association des femmes autochtones du Canada / Lynne Groulx, Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 19
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 1 of 7 (2018-01-15 to 2018-02-05)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Arts and Culture
- Constitutional Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Culturally appropriate infrastructure with respect to purchase and renovation of a workplace appropriate for Indigenous persons.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Reconciliation with respect to discrimination under the Indian Act.
Policies or Program
- Corrections Canada with respect to segregation of Indigenous women.
- Food security with respect to a national framework for food policy and the impact on Indigenous women.
- School attendance with respect to breaking down barriers to Indigenous school attendance.
- Violence against women with respect to murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Senate of Canada
- Status of Women Canada (SWC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
NWAC organizes and supports activities that enhance, promote, and foster the social, economic, cultural and political well-being of First Nations and Métis women within First Nation, Métis and Canadian societies. Activities include conducting research and investigations, promoting public awareness, facilitating consultations with Indigenous peoples and organizing and supporting programs at the grass-roots and national level.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Lynne Groulx, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipNWAC has one membership class which is made of of the representatives of thirteen Native women’s organizations from across Canada.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2017-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canada Instittute of Health Research||$209,290.00||No|
|Human Resources and Skills and Development Canada||$3,391,265.00||Yes|
|Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada||$2,000,156.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
1 Nicholas Street
Ottawa, ON J8P 7W5
Fax number: 613-722-7687