- Constitutional Issues
- International Relations
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- National Security/Security
- Privacy and Access to Information
Subject matters added through a monthly communication report
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- BILL C-59: An Act respecting national security matters (supporting aspects of the legislation in the area of national security oversight and review bodies; supporting amendments or repeal of certain provisions to ensure protection of Canadian human rights and civil liberties)
Policies or Program
- Anti-racism: Advocating for policy initiatives in the Department of Canadian Heritage related to combating Islamophobia and discrimination, including the updating of Canada's Action Plan Against Racism (CAPAR); Supporting various programs to promote diversity and inclusion in Canada.
- International Relations: Advocating for the Canadian government to adopt and ratify the Optional Protocol to the United Nations Convention against Torture and other forms of Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment; Supporting the government's call for an independent investigation into Israel's violations of international humanitarian law in the Gaza Strip.
- Religion: Advocating for the protection of freedom of religion in Canada and with respect to the reasonable accommodation of religious observances.
- Security & Targeted Communities: Advocating for policies to enhance the security and safety of Canadian Muslim communities and other at-risk communities given the rise in hate crimes, including the Security Infrastructure Program; Supporting Motion 103 and the parliamentary study into systemic discrimination including religious discrimination and Islamophobia in Canada.
- Travel & Transportation: Advocating for the repeal of the Canadian no-fly list (Passenger Protect) or the creation of effective redress mechanisms to protect Canadians from 'false positives'.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is an independent, non-partisan and non-profit organization that works to protect Canadian human rights and civil liberties, challenge discrimination and Islamophobia, and promote the public interests of Canadian Muslim communities.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) is governed by a board of directors (maximum of 10 directors). The organization is federally incorporated and is supported by Canadian individuals and organizations who support the NCCM’s programs and services.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
P.O. Box 13219
Ottawa, ON K2K 1X4
Employees who lobby for the organization
- Ihsaan Gardee,
Executive Director |
No public offices held