Registration - Consultant
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities / Harvey Malanowich, Member of the board of directors
Total Number of Communication Reports: 15
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 12 of 14 (2018-10-29 to 2019-08-20)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Lobbying for increased funding for municipal owned infrastructure.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Actively lobbied and supported the federal governments efforts to resolve the trade issues regarding Country of Origin Labelling (COOL)
- Cannabis Act and regulations; mitigating potential risks to municipalities resulting from legalization.
- Carbon tax; impact of carbon tax on Saskatchewan’s agricultural producers and municipalities.
- Fisheries Act; ensure it effectively balances the need for habitat protection with the need for municipal infrastructure development.
- Lobbying for changes to legislation that adversely affect agricultural production and distribution.
- Navigation Protection Act; placed administrative and financial burdens on municipal infrastructure projects. SARM is concerned that the 2012 amendments will be reversed.
- Participating in consultations on reducing violent crime consultations and position against bringing in a long gun registry.
- Species At Risk Act (SARA); mitigating negative effects of SARA.
- Trade Agreements; including Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) and United States Mexico Canada Agreement (USMCA), our request is to better international trade for agriculture producers
- Transportation Modernization Act; SARM participating in consultation to promote efficient and effective grain transportation.
Policies or Program
- Broadband - requesting government investment to enhance services in rural Saskatchewan. “Use it or lose it” provisions in spectrum allocation and unused spectrum.
- Canadian Agriculture Partnership; ensuring that it serves to maintain and increase the competitiveness of the agricultural sector.
- Chronic wasting disease; policies to prevent the spread of chronic wasting disease.
- Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements (DFAA); with respect to increasing the compensation for use of municipally owned equipment.
- Emergency response fund; the establishment of an emergency response fund will give fire departments the resources they need to continue providing essential services without risk of non-payment.
- Energy Infrastructure - Pipelines safer mode of transportation than rail. National Energy Board (NEB) Participant Fund. NEB Modernization Review report.
- Infrastructure funding; ensuring eligibility requirements and thresholds allow rural municipalities to access infrastructure funding.
- Lobby for new and/or improved policies and programming that supports agricultural producers.
- Lobbying for changes to and new policies and programs that support municipal infrastructure projects.
- Municipal access to Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant.
- Mutual aid agreements; formalizing mutual aid agreements is important because RMs need assurance that they will be reimbursed for providing emergency services to neighbouring municipalities and First Nations.
- National Disaster Mitigation Program; to ensure mitigation projects and strategically and effectively undertaken.
- New Building Canada Fund; eligibility requirements and thresholds.
- Provide comments on the need for improvements to the Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW) program.
- Rail Safety; Transporting dangerous goods by rail. Grade crossing improvements.
- Requesting federal government lead the fight to prevent spread of aquatic invasive species throughout Canada and Saskatchewan’s waters.
- Requests to maintain a Gas Tax Fund and to reduce related administrative requirements for RMs.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) presence in rural Saskatchewan. Preventing rural crime.
- The Rural Municipal (RM) Tax Loss Compensation Trust Fund tied to Treaty Land Entitlement agreements continues to decrease and appears to be unsustainable without municipalities absorbing significant reduction in monies from the fund.
- Water treatment systems; alternative water treatment technologies continue to be explored and, where feasible, applicable regulations and guidelines be updated to allow for the most efficient use of those technologies.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
- Elections Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- NAFTA Secretariat
- National Energy Board (NEB)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- PPP Canada
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
2301 Windsor Park Road
Regina, SK S4V 3A4
Principal representative of the client
Jay Meyer, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Harvey Malanowich | No public offices held
Canora, SK S0A 0L0
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.