- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Shipping Conferences Exemption Act (SCEA) with respect to shipping cartels and alliances. FMA is the shipper organization designated in the Act to provide input from the purchasers of marine freight transportation.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Transportation Modernization Act Bill C-49, received Royal assent in spring 2018. FMA will be communicating with Transport Canada and the Canadian Transportation Agency on the implementation of the rail provisions including input as the the C-49 regulations are developed
Policies or Program
- Decontamination of arriving marine containers. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is developing "best practice" guides for supply chain participants to minimize the importation of invasive plant and animal species into North America on or in shipping containers. FMA has been providing input to CFIA on the implications of this initiative on importers and working with CFIA to communicate the best practice guides to stakeholders.
- NAFTA renegotiations & replacement USMCA trade agreement. As requested by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), FMA has been participating in the GAC transportation advisory group. FMA communicate with GAC on the transportation issues as the agreement is implemented.
- Air Cargo Security. FMA will work with Transport Canada to promote the enhanced air cargo security. The plan provides for voluntary participation and FMA will assist with communication to the shipper community.
- Transport Drivers Hours-of-Service (HOS) Regulations. FMA provided input to the "Canada Gazette Part I draft regulation requiring the installation of electronic logging devices (ELDs) in trucks to accurately monitor drivers' HOS. The Canada Gazette II final regulation is expected to be published in mid-2019. FMA will work with Transport Canada to communicate the details of the new regulation to the shipper community.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
580 Terry Fox Drive
Ottawa, ON K2L 4B9
Principal representative of the client
Robert Ballantyne, Vice-President
Parent Company Information
FMA of Canada / AGF du Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
FMA of Canada / AGF du Canada is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of FMA of Canada / AGF du Canada are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
FMA of Canada / AGF du Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
405, 580 Terry Fox Drive
Ottawa, ON K2L 4C2
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.