Registration - In-house Organization
The Canadian Don't Do Drugs Society / Robert O'Reilly, Executive Director
Total Number of Communication Reports: 0
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 12 of 14 (2019-02-16 to 2019-08-16)
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- To focus on SKDDD's primary goal of enlightening the parents of teens while at the same time positively influencing and educating the young as to the longer term risks of drug and substance abuse
- To build, operate and support new treatment centres dedicated to teens at risk.
- To create a high level of sustainable awareness nationally of the long term impact on society resulting from high use of high drug and substance abuse among teens and younger children.
- To educate primary target groups and stakeholders regarding the necessity of focused education on the causes, dangers and long term impacts of drug and substances abuse among the young
- To establish Smart Kids Don't Do Drugs(SKDDD) as a pivotal force in the prevention and mitigation of this long term issue.
- To reduce the financial cost to the individual, the family and society at large of substance and drug abuse in the younger population.
- To reverse the current trends in drug and substance abuse by ensuring that Government and the private sector see and recognize SKDDD as a pro-active and effective partner in this critical effort.
- to urge governments to legislate those found at risk to attend these centres for treatment and follow-up counselling.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Health Canada (HC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Federally Incorporated Registered Charity has been established for over 25 years and is located in Toronto at Yonge and St. Clair.In addition to the Board of Directors, has formed on outside Advisory Group consisting of senior level professionals who bring a diverse experience in senior management, business and marketing skills.The Society's mainstream program Smart Kids Don't Do Drugs is also Federally Registered, and is directed primarily at Teens, Pre-Teens and their Parents.Developed PSA T.V. Advertising, Website, Parental Guides, Conducted Parent Community and School Forums and raised funds to establish summer camps, playgrounds, etc. Over the last few years developing partnerships with The Pine River Institute, Portage and Youth Assisting Youth.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Robert O'Reilly, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe Society currently does not have membership status
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
7-B Pleasant Blvd. Ste 1053
60 St. Clair Ave. E.; Ste 910
Toronto, ON M4T 1K2
Fax number: 416-966-3986
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Robert O'Reilly, Executive Director | No public offices held