Registration - In-house Organization
Council of Ontario Universities / David Lindsay, President & CEO
Total Number of Communication Reports: 75
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 19 of 21 (2019-05-16 to 2019-08-08)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Federal Budget as it relates to funding for research and programs for Aboriginal and international students.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Funding of academic infrastructure. This funding would be used by universities to construct new buildings or upgrade existing facilities.
- Funding university research. Funding would be used by universities to facilitate medical or scientific research.
- Increased scholarship funding for domestic and international graduate students.
- Issues of federal - provincial cooperation relating to funding of postsecondary education and the provision of financial assistance to postsecondary students.
- Related to various FedDev programs and universities' role in regional economic and community development.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Carbon tax as it relates to the changes brought on by the Ontario government and the impact on universities.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Defence (DND)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Council of Ontario Universities works to improve the quality and accessibility of higher education in Ontario.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
David Lindsay, President & CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe 20 provincially assisted universities in Ontario: Algoma University, Brock University, Carleton University, University of Guelph, Lakehead University, Laurentian University, McMaster University, Nipissing University, OCAD University, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, University of Ottawa, Queen's University, Ryerson University, University of Toronto,Trent University,University of Waterloo,University of Western Ontario,Wilfrid Laurier University,University of Windsor, York University.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-06-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Ontario Government Ministry of Education||$35,000.00||No|
|Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services||$7,220.00||No|
|Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities||$1,221,512.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
180 Dundas West
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax number: 416-979-8635
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Dominika Flood, Director, Government and Stakeholder Relations | No public offices held
- David Lindsay, President & CEO | No public offices held
- Krista Orendorff, Vice President, Public Affairs | No public offices held