Registration - In-house Corporation
Tesla Motors Canada ULC / Dustin Leitch, Regional Service Manager
Version 12 of 13 (2019-07-09 to 2019-10-02)
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Engage with government and provide guidance with regard to the establishment and implementation of an effective EV strategy for Canada including electricity pathways within the proposed Clean Fuels Standard regulatory process and with regard to light duty vehicle greenhouse gas standards/regulations and supply-side measures to accelerate EV adoption. Provide recommendations to government with respect to policy, program and regulatory designs which may impact market fairness and equality among automotive retailers or brands, or that may negatively impact subsets of consumers in Canada.
- Engagement with government departments and their agencies to encourage the establishment of policies and programs to support the deployment of EV charging infrastructure in Canada, such as in National parks and on other federal properties.
- Engagement with government through consultations and meetings related to the clean fuel standard and the electric vehicle strategy with respect to the design of policy and regulatory frameworks to ensure: renewable energy and electric transport are treated appropriately as clean fuels; barriers to EV adoption are being addressed; effective CO2e intensity factors and reduction targets are used; and to promote the use of high quality comprehensive data in implementing the standard and strategy.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- House of Commons
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Parks Canada (PC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Tesla is a sustainable energy company that manufactures and sells electric vehicles, solar and energy storage products. Tesla's mission is to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Dustin Leitch, Regional Service Manager
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1325 Lawrence Ave E
North York, ON M3A 1C6
Parent Company Information
- Tesla, Inc.
3500 Deer Creek Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94304
United States of America
- 3500 Deer Creek Rd
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Tesla Motors Canada ULC does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
No lobbyists added
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Audrey Dépault, Sr. Associate, Policy & Government Relations | No public offices held
- Iain Myrans, Manager, Government Relations, Canada | No public offices held