Registration - In-house Organization
ACTRA Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists / ACTRA / Marie Kelly, National Executive Director
Version 22 of 22 (2019-10-16 to present)
- Arts and Culture
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, with respect to increased, longterm government investment.
- Canadian Media Fund, with respect to increased longterm government investment and the maintenance of Canadian content requirements for eligibility.
- National Film Board, with respect to increased, longterm government investment.
- Telefilm Canada, with respect to increased, longterm government investment.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Copyright legislation – Updating Canada's Copyright Act to implement the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Copyright and Audio Visual Treaties.
- Income Tax avergaing for Artists: Propose amendments to the Income Tax Act to re-instate income tax averaging for artists.
- The Bill formerly known as Bill C-11, An Act to amend the Copyright Act., specifically: reproduction for private purposes, user-generated content, fair dealing expansion, statutory damages, broadcast mechanical.
Policies or Program
- WIPO-AV Treaty – (World Intellectual Property Organization, Audio-Visual Treaty), with erspect to having it passed and making Canada a signatory.
- Television and broacdcasting regulation as it relates to progamming and Canadian content.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Film Board (NFB)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
ACTRA (Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists) is the national organization of professional performers working in the English-language recorded media in Canada. ACTRA represents the interests of 25,000 members across Canada - the foundation of Canada's highly acclaimed professional performing community.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Marie Kelly, National Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membership25,000 members in three categories: Full members, apprentice members and ACTRA background performers.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
625 Church Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 2G1
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Lisa Blanchette, Director, Public Policy and Communications | No public offices held
- Chris Cornish, Branch Representative & Federal Outreach Coordinator | No public offices held
- Daintry Dalton, Regional Executive Director | No public offices held
- Luca De Franco, Public Relations Officer - ACTRA Toronto | No public offices held
- Marie Kelly, National Executive Director | No public offices held
- Laurie McAllister, Director, ACTRA Performers' Rights Society | No public offices held
- Jennifer McGibbon, Public Relations Officer | No public offices held
- Sue Milling, Director - ACTRA Toronto | No public offices held
- Karl Pruner, Director, Communications - ACTRA Toronto | No public offices held
- Anna Scollan, Industry Relations | No public offices held
- David Sparrow, ACTRA National President | No public offices held
- Theresa Tova, President - ACTRA Toronto | No public offices held