- Aboriginal Affairs
- Constitutional Issues
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Internal Trade
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada Transportation Act as it relates to shipping of mineral products.
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act & Regs. as they affect assessment of projects in the mineral industry
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act as it applies to substances produced by or used by the mineral industry
- Extractive Transparency Measures Act as it is applied to the mining industry
- Review of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, the Fisheries Act and the Navigation Protection Act as they may affect the mineral industry.
- Species at Risk Act in relation to its interaction with the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act.
- The Income Tax Act in relation to corporation taxation and the use of fiscal policy with regard to the mineral industry.
Policies or Program
- Air Quality Management System as it affects the mineral industry
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act in respect to: Chemicals Management Plan; implementation of the Minamata Convention on Mercury; and the National Pollutant Release Inventory.
- Canadian Metals and Minerals Plan as it relates to NRCan's development of the plan and as it relates to the mining industry
- Canadian position with respect to implementation of MARPOL Annex V, the regular updating of changes to the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code, and the Safety of Life at Sea Convention at the International Maritime Organization
- Climate Change in relation to providing input regarding federal strategies/processes to address greenhouse gas emissions
- Doing Business the Canadian Way: A Strategy to Advance Corporate Social Responsibility in Canada's Extractive Sector Abroad in respect to Canadian mining companies operating abroad.
- Federal program on Mineral Statistics in respect to mining statistics
- Fisheries Act - Section 35 in respect of assessment process of projects in the mineral industry
- Foreign investment and trade as it relates to Foreign Investment Agreements (FIPAs) and Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- Major Projects Management office's ability to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and coordination of federal review and decisions with respect to projects in the mineral industry
- Navigation Protection Act in respect to the assessment process of projects in the mineral industry.
- Northern Regulatory Environment and Sustainable Development Policy as it pertains to the Shared Arctic Leadership Model and the Northern Regulatory Improvement Initiative.
- Policies and programs that relate to energy renewal, energy efficiency and management, energy technology, clean technology and innovation
- Policies or programs at Infrastructure Canada, Transport Canada. CANNOR and other departments and agencies that pertain to trade-enabling infrastructure investment in remote and norther regions.
- Fisheries Act in respect of the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations (MMER), and requirements for Environmental Effects Monitoring (EEM)
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1100-275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H9
Principal representative of the client
Ben Chalmers, Vice President, Sustainable Development
Parent Company Information
The Mining Association of Canada (MAC) / L'association minière du Canada (AMC) is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
The Mining Association of Canada (MAC) / L'association minière du Canada (AMC) is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of The Mining Association of Canada (MAC) / L'association minière du Canada (AMC) are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
The Mining Association of Canada (MAC) / L'association minière du Canada (AMC) does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2
Consultant Firm and Address
Hill+Knowlton Strategies / Hill+Knowlton Stratégies
50 O'Connor St
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2