Registration - In-house Organization
Fertilizer Canada / Fertilisants Canada / Garth Whyte, PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Version 55 of 57 (2019-11-20 to 2020-01-01)
- Government Procurement
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Funding under the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's (AAFC) Growing Forward II Program to quantify potential environmental, economic and social impacts resulting from improved fertilizer application under 4R Nutrient Stewardship.
- Promotion of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia and South America. Source of funding to be determined.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Changes to the Canada Labour Code regarding the agricultural sector, and back-to-work legislation for ports and railways.
- Changes to the Canada Transportation Act regarding the railways and trucking as they relate to fertilizer products.
- Changes to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) regarding substances used by the fertilizer industry.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Changes to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act and regulations and their impact on the fertilizer industry.
- Changes to the Fertilizers Act and regulations regarding the security of fertilizer products.
- Motor Vehicle Transportation Act and Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations regarding the transportation of fertilizer products.
- Proposed changes to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and regulations regarding the transportation of designated fertilizer products.
Policies or Program
- Changes to Competition Policy bearing on Canadian competitiveness while ensuring compliance.
- Changes to the Canada Food Safety Inspection Policy to meet or exceed requirements for agri-food safety and product quality.
- Changes to the Food Security Program to promote food safety, nutrition and healthy eating.
- Clean Air Regulatory Framework and Air Quality Management Systems as it relates to the fertilizer industry.
- Data on the fertilizer industry compiled by Statistics Canada.
- Input on climate change and greenhouse gas policy, strategies.
- Input on economic and fiscal policy as it relates to the fertilizer industry in Canada and its global competitiveness.
- Input on trade agreements, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership, to enhance trade with the Asia-Pacific region.
- Input on water policy as it relates to the impact and management of fertilizer products.
- Agricultural Products Regulations regarding the marketing of agricultural products in import, export and interprovincial trade.
- Environmental Emergency Regulations regarding management of control of a listed substance or containers with capacity for that substance.
- Explosives Regulations regarding safety and security in handling of explosive precursors to reduce the risk of criminal acts.
- Organic Products Regulations regarding consumer protection and product claims.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Agricultural Review Tribunal (CART)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation (CSTMC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (IAAC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Fertilizer Canada represents manufacturers, wholesale and retail distributors of nitrogen, phosphate, potash and sulphur fertilizers. The fertilizer industry plays an essential role in Canada's economy, contributing over $12 billion annually and 12,000 jobs. The association is committed to supporting the fertilizer industry with innovative research and programming while advocating sustainability, stewardship, safety and security through standards and Codes of Practice.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Garth Whyte, PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Organization's membership or classes of membershipActive members: nitrogen, potash, phosphate and sulphur manufacturers, wholesale and retail distributors; Associate members: banks and other financial organizations, transportation companies, industry consultants; Affiliate members: fertilizer agri-retailer organizations and international fertilizer organizations
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-12-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)||$308,908.00||Yes|
|Global Affairs Canada (GAC)||$0.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
350 Sparks Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 7S8
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Cassandra COTTON, Vice President, Policy & Programs | No public offices held
- Nadine FROST, Director, Policy & Industry Standards | No public offices held
- Clyde GRAHAM, Executive Vice President | No public offices held
- Daniel Kelter, Policy Analyst | Public offices held
- Catherine KING, Vice President, Public Affairs | No public offices held
- Labonya NIRJAN, 4R Solution Project Coordinator | No public offices held
- Amanda PACH, Director, Industrial & Regulatory Affairs | Public offices held
- McKenzie SMITH, Director, Nutrient Stewardship | No public offices held
- Allison Watcher, Membership & Events | No public offices held
- Garth WHYTE, President and Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held