- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- EXCISE TAX ACT: GST AND PHYSICIAN SERVICES: Changes to the application of the GST (zero-rate) on Physician practices
- PRE-BUDGET CONSULTATIONS: Federal investments or taxation changes to improve the health care system and the health of Canadians
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Tax planning using private corporations CMA has initiated a comprehensive response which includes – advocacy to influence government; support to members in their individual advocacy; development of a submission to government
Policies or Program
- ABORIGINAL HEALTH ISSUES: Improvement to the health and health care services provide to aboriginal people in Canada
- CHILD HEALTH: Increased investments and improved regulation to protect and enhance the health of children
- ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH ISSUES: Improvement in federal legislation to improve air, water, soil quality and climate change.
- FEDERAL BUGET: Discuss pre-budget health recommendations: Seniors care, CHT demographic top-up, Health Infrastructure, Home care and palliative care, Caregiver and family caregiver tax credit – make them refundable, New funding program for catastrophic coverage of prescription drugs
- HEALTH HUMAN RESOURCES: Recruitment and retention of health care providers and federal investment in residency spots.
- HEALTH PROMOTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION: Increased investment and improved regulations to protect and enhance the health of Canadians
- HEALTHY LIVING INITIATIVES: Encouraging governments to fund programs to promote healthy living
- LONG-TERM CARE: Increase investments and changes to the Tax Act to enhance long-term care
- MEDICAL EDUCATION: Increase funding for medical education
- MENTAL HEALTH AND NATIONAL STRATEGY: Increased investment by the federal government to improve programs and services for the mentally ill
- NATIONAL HEALTH GOALS: The establishment of national health goals for the Canadian population
- PALLIATIVE AND END OF LIFE CARE: Improved national standards and investment in the area of palliative and end of life care
- PATIENT SAFETY: National Standards for patient care
- PRIMARY HEALTH CARE RENEWAL: Ensuring that reforms to primary care delivery reflect the interest of patients and providers
- RETIREMENT INCOME ISSUES: Ensuring that Canadian physicians are able to save adequately for retirement
- SUSTAINABILITY OF HEALTH CARE (FINANCING AND ACCESSIBILITY): Increases in health transfer funding and accountability by the federal government
- Seniors Care: Discuss developing a national seniors strategy
- WAIT TIMES AND BENCHMARKS: The establishment of medically based wait time benchmarks in areas of specialty and primary care
- MEDICINAL MARIJUANA REGULATIONS: Improving regulations as they relate to the prescribing of medical marijuana
- PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT ACT (PIPEDA): PRIVACY PROTECTION OF HEALTH INFORMATION AND THE REGULATORY REVIEW: Improvement to privacy legislation to protect the privacy of health information
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1867 Alta Vista Drive
Ottawa, ON K1G 5W8
Timothy Smith, Chief Executive Officer
Parent Company Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- Joule / Joule
1031 Bank St.
Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7
- MD Financial Management / Gestion financière MD
1870 Alta Vista Dr.
Ottawa, ON K1G 6R7
No public offices held
1410 Blair Place, Suite 500
Ottawa, ON K1J 9B9
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.
Consultant Firm and Address
1867 Alta Vista Drive
Ottawa, ON K1G 5W8