- Aboriginal Affairs
- Constitutional Issues
- Financial Institutions
- Intellectual Property
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-75 An Act to amend the Criminal Code, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and other Acts and to make consequential amendments to other Acts - impact of proposed increase in the maximum penalty for summary offences to two years less a day imprisonment on scope of practice for paralegals, law students.
- advice and assistance on implementation of recommendations of Truth and Reconciliation Commission
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Regulation of patent and trade mark agents, lawyers and solicitor-client privilege
- The regulation of immigration consultants in the province of Ontario and its impact on the independence of the legal profession.
Policies or Program
- Discuss the implications of the Unified Family Court expansion in Ontario and Canada, and potential next steps
- Impact of COVID-19 on regulatory environment and the practice of law
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
130 Queen St. West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N6
Dana Miles, Chief Executive Officer
Parent Company Information
Law Society of Ontario / Barreau de l’Ontario is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Law Society of Ontario / Barreau de l’Ontario is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Law Society of Ontario / Barreau de l’Ontario are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Law Society of Ontario / Barreau de l’Ontario does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
McMillan Vantage Policy Group World Exchange Plaza
45 O'Connor Street, Suite 2000
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4
Consultant Firm and Address
McMillan Vantage Policy Group
45 O'Connor St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4