- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Export Development Canada Financing purchases for foreign sales
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) - Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the largest investors in R&D in Canada in the Aerospace Industry, and as such qualifies for investment by the Government of Canada through SIF. SIF Stream 5 National Ecosystem funding is being sought to support the CSAFE initiative. The application process was initiated with the submission of a Statement of Interest (SOI) to ISED on 7/31/2020.
CSAFE aims to develop a Canadian ecosystem around sustainable aviation technologies and to fly a hybrid-electric 40-seater aircraft demonstrator x plane within 3 years. This will help prepare the Canadian aerospace sector for a huge hybrid aircraft market expected to emerge later this decade.
Policies or Program
- F-35 Procurement Aircraft Acquisition. The company is interested in having one of its engine types selected for the F-35 program.
- NRC - Pratt & Whitney Canada has over twelve ongoing research activities with NRC. For example; High Altitude Engine Testing, Research in Turbo Aerodynamics
- National Defence- Unmanned Air Vehicles Acquisition. Canada would benefit from increased P&WC activity and R&D in the field of UAV and fixed wing aircraft in developing engines, powerplants that meet enhanced or new requirements.
- Revenue Canada SR&ED- Scientific Research & Experimental Development Program
Pratt & Whitney Canada conducts significant R&D activities in Canada on airplane engines and production and testing. It also qualifies for reimbursement under the SR&ED program.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Foreign Affairs/International Trade Export Controls/Interpretations -
Pratt & Whitney Canada, as a manufacture of aircraft engines, exports the majority of its products internationally. It is significantly affected by Export Control and ITAR regulations. On ongoing basis, the company works with Industry Associations and Government Officials on these issues.
- Engine Certification -
Pratt & Whitney Canada works with Transport Canada on Engine Certification through the CAR (Canadian Aviation Regulation) 511 - process around engine certification. The company also works with Transport Canada on CAR 533 -aircraft engines design, standards and requirements for approval of the type design of aeronautical product.
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
World leader in aviation engines powering business, general aviation and regional aircraft and helicopters. The company also offers advanced engines for industrial applications.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Maria Della Posta,
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1000 Marie Victorin
mail code: 01AY5
Longueuil, QC J4G 1A1
Parent Company Information
- Pratt & Whitney Corp.
400 Main St.
East Hartford, CT 06108
United States of America
- Raytheon Technologies
870 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451
United States of America
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Nicolas Amyot,
VP and CFO |
No public offices held
- Maria Della Posta,
No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added