- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Changes to NAFTA to address United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) relevant for life sciences sector
- Communication regarding the review by the Health Committee on regulation of e-cigarettes.
- Zero plastic waste by 2030 – Regarding potential legislative proposal regulating harmful single-use plastic items and implementing plastic waste management programs.
Policies or Program
- COVID-19: Regarding the development of policies and programs to address the COVID-19 pandemic and support the re-opening of the Canadian economy, including as it relates to tackling health equity across marginalized communities in Canada and surgical backlogs.
- Canada’s engagement and leadership on programs and policies relating to mental health both domestic and international
- Canada’s engagement in international trade agreements in particular Comprehensive and Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and any other agreements as it relates to intellectual property considerations and other aspects which affect the local business environment for J&J companies
- Canada’s partnerships on global health and global community impact with Johnson & Johnson relating to maternal and child health, First Nations, mental health and other areas
- Chemical Management Plan as related to the regulation of chemical substances, particularly as affecting ingredients used in therapeutic products
- Communiation to officials regarding the Regulatory Cooperation council.
- Engagement on government’s Innovation Agenda as it relates to Health and Bio Sciences sector
- Engaging government on issues relating to the potential implementation of National Pharmacare
- Evolution of role and mandate of drug pricing regime in Canada
- Food and Drug Act: Delays in product approvals and changes to existing products
- Local manufacturing of healthcare products – Regarding the development of policies and programs (including funding programs) to support the expansion of existing manufacturing facilities or the establishment of additional manufacturing capacity in Canada.
- Self-care – Regarding the development of policies and programs to support self-care, including tax incentives for self-care products that have an impact on health (for e.g. sunscreen, smoking cessation).
- Smoking cessation – Regarding the development of federally funded programs or other policies to facilitate smoking cessation (for e.g. tobacco tax).
- Treasury Board initiative to address international regulatory cooperation as well as their work on the Canada US, and Canada EU Regulatory Cooperation Councils
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Health Canada’s multi-year Regulatory Modernization initiative to modernize the Food and Drug Act and Regulations, specifically with respect to approval, regulation and life cycle management of therapeutic products
- Communication to officials on labelling and product monographs.
- Communication to officials regarding Look Alike Sound Alike Guidance communication.
- Food and Drug Regulation: Nonprescription drugs labelling standards - Drug Products: Draft Guidance Document: Nonprescription Oral Pediatric Cough and Cold Labelling Standard,participated in Health Canada's consultation process
- Modernizations of the Food and Drugs Act, with respect to inspection, reporting and confidential business information
- any regulatory changes that may emerge relating to the policy areas identified above including Health Canada Modernization efforts, Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB), Treasury Board Initiative on international regulatory cooperation
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Senate of Canada
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
We produce and market over the counter medications.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
88 McNabb Street
Markham, ON L3R 5L2
Parent Company Information
- Johnson & Johnson
One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
New Brunswick, NJ 08933
United States of America
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Johnson & Johnson Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Katherine Lal,
Leader, Communications & Government Affairs |
No public offices held
- Hillary Orr,
Director, Regulatory Affairs |
No public offices held
- Cory Price,
Managing Director |
No public offices held
Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added