Information Required for an Exemption Review
- Contact information:
- Address for correspondence
- Email to communicate
- Phone number (day) to reach you
- Please include a resume of your previous employment, including any acting appointment:
- Ensure that your resume includes a list of all previous employment as a DPOH.
- For each employment as a DPOH, please ensure that the OCL is provided with the following information:
- title of position;
- level or salary range;
- beginning and end date;
- name and position of immediate supervisor;
- description of main tasks accomplished; and
- two references with coordinates to reach them: your supervisor and a work colleague.
- Additional documents required for each employment as a DPOH:
- Provide letters of offer, records documenting your date of departure and any other relevant information. This includes any correspondence you received from the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner.
- Please inform the Office of the reason(s), in accordance with subsection 10.11(3) of the Lobbying Act, providing a written justification why you should be exempted:
- Employed as a designated public office holder for a short period;
- Employed as a designated public office holder on an acting basis;
- Employed under a program of student employment;
- Had administrative duties only.
You may apply to the Commissioner of Lobbying for an exemption in writing by sending the required information to:
Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying of Canada
255 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R5