How to register and report your lobbying activities
If you are paid to lobby federal public office holders, you need to register in the Registry of lobbyists. Follow the steps below to register your lobbying activities.
1. Create your account
Before you can submit a registration, you need to create your account. You will receive an email to activate and confirm your account.
2. Complete and submit your registration
Log in to your account and access the "New Activities" tab. From there, complete and submit your registration within the prescribed deadlines:
- 10 calendar days from the date that you agree, verbally or in writing, to lobby on behalf of a client as a consultant lobbyist or chairperson/members of a Board of Directors; or
- 2 months from the date that lobbying activities represent a significant part of duties for in-house (organizations and corporations) lobbyists.
3. Submit corrections to your registration (if required)
Once you submit your registration, our Office will review and publish it. If corrections are required, please submit your revised registration within 10 calendar days.
4. Submit monthly communication reports (when required)
If you had an oral and arranged communication with a designated public office holder about registrable subjects, you must submit a monthly communication report no later than the 15th day of the following month.
Still have questions?
If you still have questions, please contact the Office by email at email@example.com or call 613-957-2760.