Registration - In-house Organization
Helicopter Association of Canada / L'Association canadienne de l'hélicoptère / Fred Jones, President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Total Number of Communication Reports: 6
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 17 of 17 (2019-11-01 to present)
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- The Helicopter Association of Canada has been engaged in Discussion with the Canadian Transportation Agency on prospective changes to the Canadian Transportation Act with respect the criteria for evaluating Canadian ownership standards, but also with respect to the transparency of the evaluation standards used by the CTA.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Canadian Aviation Regulations - Flight Crew Flight & Duty Time Regulations and Standards
Policies or Program
- The Association is working with Transport Canada to consult with the helicopter industry on the content and process for reviewing and approving Low Flying Special Flight Operations Certificates (SFOCs).
- HAC has been consulting with Transport Canada on the form and content of new regulations relating to the operation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Heliport Certification Standards and Regulations as they relate to the performance requirements for twin-engine helicopters
- The Association has been consulting with Transport Canada on the form and content of the Flight Crew Fatigue provisions of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Helicopter Association of Canada is a Not-For-Profit National Service Association for the Canadian Civil Helicopter Community. The association provides advice and assistance to our members on regulatory issues, but also provides industry-input to Transport Canada and other government agencies on prospective regulatory amendments which touch on the Canadian helicopter community.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Fred Jones, President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Organization's membership or classes of membershipOur members include roughly 140 Helicopter operator-members and 145 Associate members that provide goods and services to our operator-members.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
130 Albert Street
ottawa, ON K1P 5G4
Fax number: 613-369-5097
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Fred Jones, President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) | Public offices held