Registration - In-house Corporation
Twitter Canada / Michele Austin, Head, Government, Public Policy and Philanthropy
Version 4 of 5 (2019-10-01 to 2019-11-01)
- Intellectual Property
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-76, the Election Modernization Act, with regard to advertising.
- Broadcasting and Telecommunications Review with regard to proposals to regulate online content.
- Intellectual property proposals and legislation with regard to copyright and online content.
- National Data Strategy consultations with regard to innovation, trust and privacy.
- Privacy legislation or proposals such the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) with regard to data collection, safety, and use.
Policies or Program
- Working with government agencies to help them understand how to use social media during elections.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC)
- Elections Canada
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Senate of Canada
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Twitter is a social media service.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Michele Austin, Head, Government, Public Policy and Philanthropy
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
2900-550 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC V6C 0A3
Parent Company Information
- Twitter Inc.
1355 Market St., Suite 900
San Francisco, CA 94103
United States of America
- 1355 Market St., Suite 900
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Twitter Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Vijaya Gadde, Legal, Policy and Trust & Safety Lead | No public offices held
- Carlos Monje, Director of Public Policy | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Michele Austin, Head Government, Public Policy and Philanthropy | Public offices held