Registration - In-house Corporation
Kraft Heinz Canada / Carlos Piani, President
Total Number of Communication Reports: 0
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 20 of 21 (2016-04-25 to 2016-05-13)
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Addressing the presence of illegally labelled or counterfeit food and consumer products. Providing feedback and advocating for the CFIA importer licensing system and implementation of the Combatting Counterfeit Products Act.
- Advertising to Children with regard to promoting industry's self regulatory measures under the children's advertising initiative.
- Artificial Food Dyes - working with Health Canada to ensure that regulations for artificial food dyes remains science-based.
- Canadian Dairy Commission administration and application of act to individual ingredients
- Competitiveness -to ensure that Canada's food and consumer manufacturing sector is competitive throughout the whole supply chain.
- Country of Origin Labelling (COOL) requirements imposed by the US on Canada. Advocate to ensure timely resolution to trade irritant and avoid retaliatory tariffs on US imports.
- International trade negotiations with respect to identifying trade interests and concerns on a global level and improving market access for food and consumer products. Providing feedback to trade negotiators on the CETA and TPP, monitoring developments, and assessing impact on members.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- National Dialogue on Childhood Obesity with regard to demonstrating industry's ongoing committment to the health and wellness of Canadians.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Food and Drug Regulations with regard to the Addition of Vitamins and Minerals to Food (Fortification)- Discretionary fortification will provide opportunities for product innovation in the food manufacturing industry.
- Food safety - working with government to ensure Canada's food supply remains reliable and safe. Consultations with CFIA on the regulations to support the Safe Food for Canadians Act (S-11) and ensure its implementation.
- Modernization of food regulations and legislation - advocate to ensure modernization efforts include improvements to the transparency and timeliness of food approvals for novel foods, infant formula, food additives and health claims.
- Plain Language Labelling Initiative for over the counter drugs - providing government with feedback.
Policies or Program
- "Product of Canada/Made in Canada" labelling rules. Advocate to ensure a common sense approach.
- Chemical Management Plan- priority substances batches with regard to chemicals present in food, food contact materials and consumer products
- Food Allergen Precautionary Labelling. Working in consultation with Health Canada to provide input on how to manage precautionary labelling for allergens. Gathering data on low level presence for grain for Health Canada.
- General discussion of the importance of value-added fish and seafood processing in Canada.
- Manufacturing Incentives - working to shape policies and programs to support innovation, competitiveness and productivity for manufacturers including the Accelerated Capital Cost Allowance
- Nutrition Facts Education Campaign - implementation of program with Health Canada with regard to enabling consumers to make informed food choices.
- Nutrition information with regard to how FCPC is committed to enabling consumers to make informed food choices based on Canada's Food Guide and the Nutrition Facts Table.
- Participation and input into Canada's sodium reduction strategy concerning targets for certain food categories/ sectors and technical aspects of the target - as well as consumer awareness, education and acceptance issues.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Providing feedback to the proposed changes to the nutrition information on food labels in particular the Nutrition Facts table and consultations regarding Regulations Amending the Food and Drugs Regulations - Nutritional Labelling, Other Labelling Provisions and Food Colours
- Biotechnology - ensure that Canada's regulatory guidelines on genetic modification and labelling of food are based on scientific principles.
- Canada-US Regulatory Cooperation Council and Beyond the Border initiative with respect to helping ensure a more efficient flow of goods at the border and an improved regulatory environment for Canadian manufacturers.
- Dairy Quotas and Tariffs - gathering information.
- Natural Health Products Regulations. Working in consultation with government on guidelines for industry and future approvals.
- Pre-Market approvals for food additives, novel foods, infant formula, health claims and functional foods in regard to consulting with Health Canada on improving the process to deal with the backlog and new applications.
- Trans fat reduction- working to meet levels in task force report and demonstrating that 97% of food now meets the trans fast guidance set by Health Canada
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE PRODUCTS.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Carlos Piani, President
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
95 MOATFIELD DRIVE
DON MILLS, ON M3B 3L6
Parent Company Information
- The Kraft Heinz Company
One PPG Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
United States of America
- One PPG Place
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Kraft Canada ULC does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Farhad Alibhai, Sr. Quality Leader | No public offices held
- Ken Bopp, Associate Director, Regulatory, Development & Quality | No public offices held
- Lauren DiMenna,, Sr. Quality Assurance Technologist | No public offices held
- Beverly Hutner, Director, Tax | No public offices held
- Lillian Kuzmik, Regulatory Technical Manager | No public offices held
- KATHY MURPHY, DIRECTOR, CORPORATE AFFAIRS & EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS | No public offices held
- David Nicoletta, Finance Manager | No public offices held
- David Nicoletta, Finance Manager | No public offices held
- Carlos Piani, President | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added