Registration - In-house Corporation
Microsoft Canada Inc. / Kevin Peesker, President
Version 45 of 46 (2019-07-09 to 2019-11-29)
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Accessibility policy as it relates to the enactment of the Accessible Canada Act, including the establishment of the Canadian Accessibility Standards Development Organization and the creation of IT standards.
- Cybersecurity policy as it relates to the creation of international norms.
- Immigration policy and programs as they relate to attracting and retaining high skilled global talent to Canada.
- Information and communications technology adoption, including cloud and AI technologies, by business and public sector entities and the standards and terms under which they are procured.
- Intellectual property and competition policy affecting information technology companies.
- International trade as it relates to intellectual property and digital trade.
- Internet policy specifically as it relates to cybersecurity and national security.
- Internet policy specifically the implementation of policy affecting the governance of the internet.
- Internet safety and security policy affecting information technology companies.
- Policies concerning the promotion of computer science education and digital skills.
- Policies concerning the regulation of personal and sensitive information, including lawful access policies and cybersecurity.
- Policies or programs as they relate to the development and applications of artificial intelligence.
- Policies or programs as they relate to the ethical use of artificial intelligence.
- Policies or programs related to innovation, the digital economy and the adoption of information and communication technologies.
- Policies or programs related to the increased cross-border transportation links connecting the Cascadia Innovation Corridor.
- Policies or programs related to the protection of Canadian democratic institutions and electoral systems.
- Procurement policy as it relates to the provision of technology products and services by the Government of Canada.
- Proposed transparency reporting guidelines with respect to law enforcement requests for data.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC)
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Elections Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Parks Canada (PC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Service Canada (ServCan)
- Shared Services Canada (SSC)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Microsoft Canada Inc. is the Canadian subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq "MSFT") the worldwide leader in software, services, hardware and solutions that empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft Canada provides nationwide sales, marketing, consulting and local support services in both French and English. Headquartered in Mississauga, Microsoft Canada has 10 regional offices across the country dedicated to empowering people through great software.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Kevin Peesker, President
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9
Parent Company Information
- Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
United States of America
- One Microsoft Way
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Microsoft Canada Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Kevin Peesker, President | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Lisa Carroll, Public Sector Lead | No public offices held
- Marlene Floyd, National Director, Corporate Affairs | Public offices held
- Christine Guyot, Corporate Affairs Manager | Public offices held
- Nadine Letson, Assistant General Counsel | No public offices held
- Peter Melanson, Director, Public Sector Sales | No public offices held
- John Weigelt, National Technology Officer | Public offices held