Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Discussions with government officials to amend the Food and Drug Act and on public and health policy that may have an impact on neighbourhood pharmacies such as the Medicinal and Recreational Marijuana legalization process.
Policies or Program
- Discussions on pharmacy’s ability to support the government’s COVID-19 public health response
- Discussions with government with respect to the implementation of a national pharmacare program
- Discussions with government with respect to the pharmacy industry’s ability to enhance the sustainability of Canada’s healthcare system
- Neighbourhood Pharmacies to submit recommendations to the Task Force on Marijuana Legalization and Regulation and meet with various officials on pharmacies position as it pertains to the dispensing and distribution of marijuana in a safe and restricted environment.
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Finance Canada (FIN)
Health Canada (HC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada (Neighbourhood Pharmacies) is leading healthcare transformation closer to where Canadians work, live and play. We are the national advocate for the business of pharmacy serving as the hub of activity providing greater patient access to primary healthcare services. We develop evidence-based proposals that deliver both tangible health and economic outcomes to the benefit of our members, associates and Canadians.
Our focus is on improving the delivery of care environment for pharmacy while fostering the right business conditions to advance sustainable healthcare for all stakeholders by leveraging the 9000 points of care with pharmacies conveniently located in every community across Canada.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membership
Neighbourhood Pharmacies represents pharmacy owners and the senior executives from retail chain and corporate pharmacies including traditional community pharmacies, grocers with pharmacies, mass merchandise outlets with pharmacies, banner organizations that are independently owned, pharmacy long term care operators serving vulnerable patient populations and specialty pharmacies that focus on high touch patient services like infusion-based clinics. Another tier of membership is Associates that represent over 100 organizations with product and service suppliers covering the entire pharmacy ecosystem.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
365 Bloor Street East
TORONTO, ON M4W 3L4
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Sandra Hanna,
No public offices held