Registration - In-house Corporation
NOVA Chemicals Corporation / Todd Karran, President and Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 143
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 32 of 54 (2015-10-28 to 2015-12-01)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Pipelines – federal oversight of pipelines through Canada and the handling of natural gas liquids (NGLs).
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Canada Transportation Act – NOVA Chemicals remains vigilant of provisions in the Transportation Act ensuring reliability and stability of rail service servicing NOVA Chemicals’ ethylene/polyethylene facilities, and co-products such as butane and propylene.
- Possible legislation to be introduced dealing with climate change; Regulatory Framework for Air Emissions – proposed changes to the Clean Air Act and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) regarding the impact of federal legislation on climate change and the competitiveness of the petrochemicals sector.
- Pursue eligibility of planned projects under the Technology Fund provision (precertification) of the Regulatory Framework for Air Emissions.
Policies or Program
- Immigration - measures or provisions of interest would be in reference to VISA applications.
- NOVA Chemicals will be seeking proactive federal policy that recognizes the importance of value-add in the energy supply chain and accruing maximum benefits from energy resources and projects for the benefit of Canadians.
- Rail Transportation - to mitigate the risks of reliability to rail service which is an important mode of product shipment, due to strikes or other similar events.
- Tax Policy – we continue to pursue accelerated Capital Cost Allowance (CCA) to strengthen the viability of capital projects (eg. writing off / depreciation of existing assets).
- The federal government’s approach to value-add in the energy sector, and ways this may impact the export of energy products to foreign markets.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Potential NEB regulation of former NGTL, and consideration of how NGLs will be handled, and streaming of lean gas.
- Continue to engage the Government of Canada re: forthcoming regulations governing Green House Gas (GHG) emissions, and air emissions other than GHG in the longer-term.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Informal Communication
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment Canada
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Industry Canada
- National Energy Board (NEB)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
NOVA Chemicals produces plastics and chemicals that are essential to everyday life. Our current businesses and joint ventures focus on ethylene and polyethylene and Performance Styrenic Polymers. We develop value-added products and technology for customers worldwide that produce consumer, industrial and packaging products.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Todd Karran, President and Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1000 Seventh Avenue SW
PO Box 2518, Station M
Calgary, AB T2P 5C6
Fax number: 403-750-4870
Parent Company Information
- NOVA Chemicals Holding GmbH
Wagramer StraBe 17-19
- Wagramer StraBe 17-19
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- NOVA Chemicals (Canada) Ltd.
785 Petrolia Line
Corunna, ON N0N 1G0
- 785 Petrolia Line
- NOVA Research and Technology Centre
2928 16 Street N.E.
Calgary, AB T2E 7K7
- 2928 16 Street N.E.
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Chris Bezaire, Sr. VP., Polyethylene Business | No public offices held
- Bill Greene, Sr. VP Operations | No public offices held
- Naushad Jamani, Sr. VP, Olefins & Feedstock | No public offices held
- Todd Karran, President and Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Adrian Cassola, Leader, Product Integrity | No public offices held
- Emma Cochrane, Government Relations Coordinator | No public offices held
- Jim Dixon, Director, Responsible Care | No public offices held
- Ken Faulkner, Director Government Relations | No public offices held
- Graeme Flint, VP, Olefins Feedstock | No public offices held
- Richard Gilmer, Tax Compliance Coordinator | No public offices held
- Daryll Harrison, Vice President, Technology | No public offices held
- Robert Joseph Hugget, Regional Hygiene Environment Co-ordinator | No public offices held
- Sarah Marshall, Leader - Technical Services | No public offices held
- Peter Masterman, VP Purchasing & Logistics | No public offices held
- Linda Santry, Technical Advisor Product Regulations | No public offices held
- David Schwass, Senior Environmental Advisor | No public offices held
- Ken Sonnenberg, Senior Advisor, Regulatory Com | No public offices held