Registration - In-house Organization
The Explorers and Producers Association of Canada / Tristan Goodman, President
Version 26 of 27 (2019-11-18 to 2019-12-04)
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Taxation and Finance: Reduce federal corporate income tax levels to compete with US federal taxes including faster deductions of capital investment.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Natural Resources: We advocate for a more efficient, faster and more predictable approval process for new energy projects including LNG and pipelines to increase the value to Canada from energy exports and diversify markets. Impact Assessment agency Act is detrimental to Canada's energy project developers and detrimental to our membership.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canadian Energy Regulator (CER)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- House of Commons
- Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (IAAC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Explorers and Producers Association of Canada is a non profit association incorporated under the Canada Not for Profit Corporations Act to advocate to governments for policies, laws and regulations that will improve the business and investment climate in Canada for junior and mid-size oil and gas producers. We also keep our members informed through our "Explorer" magazine, our website at www.explorersandproducers.ca and we host occasional luncheons with guest speakers on topical issues .
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Tristan Goodman, President
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe Association has approximately 150 member companies. There are two classes of members: "Producer voting Members" who produce and sell crude oil and natural gas and "Associate non-voting Members" who supply products and services to the upstream petroleum industry.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1060 717-7 AVE SW
CALGARY, AB T2P 0Z3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Tristan Goodman, President | No public offices held