Registration - In-house Organization
Mennonite Central Committee Canada / Rick Cober Bauman, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Version 33 of 34 (2019-08-06 to 2020-01-17)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- International Development
- International Relations
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- International development initiatives as they relate to Global Affairs Canada's grant proposals program.
Policies or Program
- Encouraging more support for peacebuilding initiatives in Palestine Israel and urging the Canadian government to prioritize the human rights of Palestinian children by holding Israeli authorities accountable for widespread and systematic ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian child detainees.
- Encouraging strengthened, nation-to-nation relations with Indigenous peoples through the implementation of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission final recommendations (i.e. a public inquiry into murdered and missing Indigenous women, implementing the UNDRIP, etc.).
- Expressing concern around Canada's military response to the crises in Syria and Iraq, with encouragement for investing instead in diplomacy, more development aid, support for peacebuilding efforts, and humanitarian assistance for displaced peoples.
- Monitoring Canada's international assistance policy and programs as they relate to the countries of focus; overall budget numbers; women, peace and security agenda; and support for small-scale farmers in developing countries.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Monitoring Canada's foreign and defence programs and policies as they relate to the signing of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), peacebuilding, and conflict prevention initiatives.
- Immigration and refugee protection policies and regulations relating to the sponsorship and settlement of refugees--in particular, with respect to Canada's Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) Canada is an agency of Mennonite and Brethren in Christ churches in Canada. MCC’s priorities in carrying out its purpose and vision include each of the following: Justice and Peacebuilding, Disaster Relief, Sustainable Community Development. Common program themes in Canada and internationally include: Education, Food Security and Sustainable Livelihoods, Health, Humanitarian Relief and Disaster Recovery, Migration and Resettlement, Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation, and Restorative Justice.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Rick Cober Bauman, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Organization's membership or classes of membershipMCC Canada is supported by and accountable to six Mennonite and Brethren in Christ church groups across Canada. The MCC Canada Board of Directors includes representatives of these groups, as well as representatives from each of the five provincial MCC organizations.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2019-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canadian Heritage (PCH)||$23,425.00||Yes|
|Global Affairs Canada (GAC)||$107,459.75||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
134 Plaza Dr.
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5K9
Fax number: 204-269-9875
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Rick Cober Bauman, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Brian Dyck, Migration & Resettlement Program Coordinator | No public offices held
- Rebekah Sears, Ottawa Office Policy Analyst | No public offices held
- Laura VanderGriendt, External Grants Coordinator | No public offices held
- Anna Vogt, Ottawa Office Director | No public offices held