Registration - In-house Organization
RAILWAY ASSOCIATION OF CANADA (THE) (RAC) / L'Association des chemins de fer du Canada (ACFC) / Marc Brazeau, President and CEO
Version 41 of 41 (2019-08-01 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canabis Act (formerly known as Bill C-45) to ensure workplace safety following the legalization of Cannabis.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- provide an essential link between federal regulators and RAC members, and work collaboratively with departments and agencies to provide government with input on the feasibility and impact of regulatory policies.
Policies or Program
- Development of program for infrastructure support of shortline railways through public-private partnerships, and strengthen and accelerate funding for the development of rail and infrastructure within all identified trade gateways and corridors.
- Encourage government research investment in transportation field, by developing programs that encourage technology development and implementation for security technology, emissions reductions, and other rail safety technology.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Promote the use by Transport Canada of a central GPS repository system for all information related to crossings in Canada, particularly those exchanged under the Grade Crossings Regulation - 2014. To be done through presentations and conversations.
- Proximity - Modifications to the proposed Access Control regulations to cause municipalities to consult railways on land development or zoning issues adjacent to rail property.
- To discuss broadband communications for critical infrastructure operators.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Senate of Canada
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
THE RAILWAY ASSOCIATION OF CANADA (RAC) IS THE TRADE ASSOCIATION OF THE RAILWAY INDUSTRY IN CANADA. ITS MEMBER COMPANIES ACCOUNT FOR BASICIALLY ALL RAILWAY ACTIVITY IN CANADA, BOTH PASSENGER AND FREIGHT. CORE MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO OPERATING RAILWAY COMPANIES AND COMMUTER AUTHORITIES.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Marc Brazeau, President and CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membershipTHERE ARE TWO TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP, ONE FOR OPERATING RAILWAYS AND COMMUTER AUTHORITIES AND ONE FOR RAILWAY SUPPLIERS AND INDUSTRIAL OPERATORS.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
901 - 99 BANK STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 6B9
Fax number: 613-567-6726
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- MARC BRAZEAU, President and CEO | No public offices held
- MICHAEL GULLO, Director, Policy, Economic and Environmental Affairs | No public offices held
- DANIEL LAFRENIÈRE, Director, Spectrum & Telecommunications | No public offices held
- SARAH MAYES, OL, National Director | No public offices held
- TANIS PETERSON, Director, Operations and Regulatory Affairs | No public offices held