Registration - In-house Corporation
Siemens Canada Limited / Siemens Canada Limitee / Faisal Kazi, President and Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 102
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 50 of 50 (2019-10-29 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Seeking funding from the Strategic Innovation Fund to encourage R&D that will accelerate our commercialization of innovative products and facilitate our growth and expansion
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Discussion with government officials regarding policies or programs that relate to the Government of Canada's "Cyber Security Strategy" and funding that may be available to Siemens.
Policies or Program
- Discuss Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters' trade policy priorities (including items controlled for export in Canada).
- Discuss diplomatic relations between Canada and select countries in the Middle East with the view to pursuing commercial opportunities in the region.
- Discuss with government officials regarding Western Economic Diversification Canada's role in Industrial and Regional Benefits (IRBs) for shipbuilding and resource development including pipelines.
- Discuss with government officials the development of programs and policies around Siemens capabilities, including Smart Grid solutions and innovative technologies and services in the areas of IT, data communication, energy automation, intelligent power distribution, electromobility and smart buildings
- Discussion with government officials regarding public policy options relating to the application of information technology to improve efficiencies of energy systems, fire safety and security systems.
- Discussions relating to the Public Services and Procurement Canada (PWGSC - Integrity Framework) for procurement, either directly, or as part of meetings between trade associations (such as the Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters) and government.
- Discussions with Goverment officials regarding Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program and suggestions relating to development of a manufacturing and exporting strategy for Canada.
- Discussions with government officials regarding clean water programs, both generally and in relation to aboriginal communities specifically including clean water strategies, initiatives, policies and programs.
- Discussions with government officials regarding new policies or programs regarding advanced manufacturing initiatives including the digitalization of the manufacturing process and the creation of smart factories by focusing on the relevant technologies.
- Discussions with government officials regarding new policies or programs to increase government spending for transportation/transit and electricity sector innovation.
- Discussions with government officials with respect to Energy Transmission and Distribution System products and services including related software, consulting and security as well as data management.
- Discussions with government officials with respect to Siemens activities in energy efficiency and climate change.
- Discussions with government officials with respect to possibly developing a German Apprenticeship Program
- Manufacturing and exporting action plan for Canada
- Policies and programs that concern export credit financing, international trade and investment opportunities.
- discussions with government officials with respect to health care equipment standards
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Defence (DND)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Service Commission of Canada (PSC)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Siemens is one of the largest and most diversified companies in the world of electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the industry, energy and healthcare sectors. Siemens in Canada has approximately 4,300 employees in Canada. Sales for fiscal 2017 (ended September 30) were $2.5 Billion Canadian.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Faisal Kazi, President and Chief Executive Officer
End date of the last completed financial year: 2019-09-30
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)||$4,046.00||Yes|
|Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)||$17,719.00||Yes|
|Opportunities New Brunswick||$130,841.00||Yes|
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1577 North Service Road East
Oakville, ON L6H 0H6
Parent Company Information
- Siemens AG
- Wittelsbacherplatz 2
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- Siemens Mobility Limited / Siemens Mobilite Limitee
1577 North Service Road East
Oakville, ON L6H 0H6
- 1577 North Service Road East
- Siemens Postal & Parcel Logistics Technologies Ltd. / Siemens Technologies en logistique postale ltee
167 Hunt Street
Ajax, ON L1S 1P6
- 167 Hunt Street
- Siemens Transformers Canada Inc. / Siemens Transformateurs Canada Inc.
3400 Bellefeuille Street
Trois Rivieres, QC G9A 5K4
- 3400 Bellefeuille Street
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Anne Adair, VP, Communications and Strategy | No public offices held
- Richard Brait, Secretary and General Counsel | No public offices held
- Theresa Cooke, VP Sales and Market Development | No public offices held
- Rocco Delvecchio, Vice President, Government Affairs | Public offices held
- Jason Jermark, Vice President, Power and Gas | No public offices held
- Faisal Kazi, President and Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- Joris Myny, Vice President, Industry Automation and Drives | No public offices held
- Thomas Scarinci, VP of Engineering, Distributed Generation | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Marie-Helene Tardif, Senior Export Controls Specialist | No public offices held