Registration - In-house Corporation
Air Canada / CALIN ROVINESCU, President and Chief Executive Officer
Version 49 of 49 (2019-11-15 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Official Languages
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Bill C-49, an Act to Modernize the Canadian Transportation Act: Changes to the Canadian Transportation Act concerning joint ventures, foreign ownership in Canadian airlines, CATSA, and passenger issues concerning, tarmac delays, cancellations, delays, baggage (including the Air Passenger Protection regulations), etc.
Policies or Program
- Environment - Application of European emission trading scheme to north american carriers, International Civil Aviation Organization process on immission management, domestic policy relating to green house gas immission.
- International Trade - As regards Canada's international trade and aviation agreements as per Transport Canada's Blue Sky policy through negotiating mandates extended to Canada's Chief Air Negotiator
- Tourism - with regards to program or policy which may promote the flow of tourism traffic to Canada and materially affect the health and viability of the airline industry in Canada. Tourism promotion policy through the Canadian Tourism Commission. The extension and development of the Government of Canada's tourism strategy under Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada's policy guidance.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Industry - Extension of the government of Canada's tourism strategy as administered by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada . - Advocacy as relates to overall competitive position of Canada's aviation industry with specific reference to government policies and legislative environment, the collection of airport rents, collection of the air travellers security charge and collection of domestic fuel excise tax.
- Labour - with regards to occupational health and safety standards affecting airline employees and the operation of the airline at large, specific to the development of aviation occupational health & safety regulations by the departments of Labour and Transportation. As regards contractual understandings between Air Canada and its unionized employee groups.
- Official Languages- As regards Air Canada’s obligations under the Official Language Act in the context of the aviation industry.
- Taxation and Finance - as regards collection of airport rents, collection of the domestic fuel excise tax and funding of the canadian air transport security authority. Also, regarding Canada's regulatory framework governing defined benefit pension plans for federally regulated employers.
- Transportation - Legislative and regulatory provisions, including under the Canada Transportation Act and i) the Canadian Aviation Regulations which govern the day to day operations of the airline or would alter the standard operating procedures of any airline employee and ii) any regulatory approval or authorization required to operate its domestic and international services or extend its network reach in foreign countries.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international full-service air carrier and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the domestic market, the transborder market and each of the Canada-Europe, Canada-Pacific, Canada-Caribbean/Central America and Canada-South American markets. Passenger transportation is the principle business. Air Canada is headquartered in Montreal.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
CALIN ROVINESCU, President and Chief Executive Officer
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
P.O. Box 14,000
Dorval, QC H4Y 1H4
Fax number: 514-422-4945
Parent Company Information
Air Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Air Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Serge Corbeil, Director, Government Relations, Local and Provincial | Public offices held
- Ferio Pugliese, Senior Vice President, Regional Markets and Government Relations | No public offices held
- Michael Rousseau, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
- Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- David Shapiro, Senior Vice President International Regulatory Affairs and Chief Legal Officer | No public offices held
- David Waugh, Senior Director, International Affairs & Facilitation | No public offices held