Registration - In-house Corporation
Fednav International Ltd / Paul Pathy, President & Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 7
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 19 of 23 (2016-05-27 to 2016-09-09)
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill to Amend the Pilotage Act, in respect of pilotage cost and levels of service.
- Customs Act, in respect of the "Advance Commercial Information" program and in respect of the "Reporting of Export Goods" regulation.
- Marine Transportation Security Act in respect to the implementation of security controls on vessels and terminals as required under the various regulations (eg the "Marine Transportation Security Clearance Program").
Policies or Program
- Canada Border and Services Agency, in respect of cost recovery for Agency services and in respect to funding Customs services across Canada.
- Canada Shipping Act, in respect to air pollution from ships and discussion on a Special Area for emissions from ships in North America.
- Canadian Food and Inspection Agency, Plant Protection Branch, in respect of Asian Gypsy moth directive and in respect of wood packaging materials directive.
- Environment Canada, Clean Air policy, in respect to the development of a memorandum of understanding with the marine industry regarding greenhouse gases.
- Fisheries and Oceans, Canadian Coast Guard, in respect of cost recovery for aids to navigation, icebreaking and dredging services.
- Fisheries and Oceans, Canadian Coast Guard, in respect of the level of services in the Quebec, Central & Arctic, Maritimes and Newfoundland regions.
- Fisheries and Oceans, Canadian Coast Guard, in respect of waterway management.
- Transport Canada, Canadian Code of Safe Practice for Solid Bulk Cargoes, in respect of discussion on application of the Code.
- Transport Canada, Marine Safety, in respect of operational issues with regard to pilotage in the St. Lawrence River and Great Lakes.
- Transport Canada, Marine Safety, in respect of the Risk Assessment on Wide Beam Ships study.
- Canada Shipping Act, Ballast Water Control and Management Regulations, in respect to regulations and enforcement policy.
- Canada Shipping Act, in respect of the Regulations for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships and for Dangerous Chemicals.
- Written communication
- Phone Communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Belledune Port Authority
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
- Great Lakes Pilotage Authority
- Halifax Port Authority
- Hamilton Port Authority
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Laurentian Pilotage Authority
- Members of the House of Commons
- Montreal Port Authority
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Oshawa Port Authority
- Prince Rupert Port Authority
- Quebec Port Authority
- Saguenay Port Authority
- Saint John Port Authority
- Sept-Iles Port Authority
- St. John's Port Authority
- Thunder Bay Port Authority
- Toronto Port Authority
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Trois-Rivieres Port Authority
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (Port Metro Vancouver)
- Windsor Port Authority
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Fednav International Ltd. is in the business of marine transportation. Each year, its fleet of about seventy owned and chartered ocean-going vessels performs over 500 voyages and transports more than twelve million tons of cargo annually. Traditionally, the core of the Company's business has been the carriage of international cargoes to and from the Great Lakes through the St. Lawrence Seaway. Fednav International Ltd. is the largest international user of the Seaway system.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Mark Pathy, President & Chief Operating Officer
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
1000 de la Gauchetière Ouest
Montreal, QC H3B 4W5
Parent Company Information
- Fednav Limited
1000 de la Gauchetiere
Montreal, QC H3B 4W5
- 1000 de la Gauchetiere
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Fednav International Ltd does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Paul Gourdeau, Senior Vice President | No public offices held
- David Grieve, Vice President, Operations | Public offices held
- Mark Pathy, President and Chief Operating Officer | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Suzanne Bleau-Myrand, Marketing Manager | No public offices held
- Guy Fortin, Cargo Superintendent | No public offices held
- Marc Gagnon, Director, Government Affairs & Regulatory | No public offices held
- Ross Gordon, Lakes Coordinator | No public offices held
- Philippe Roderbourg, Manager, Operations | No public offices held