Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Fuels Association / Association canadienne des carburants / Peter Boag, President
Version 28 of 39 (2016-05-03 to 2016-05-11)
- Consumer Issues
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject matters added through a monthly communication report
- Economic Development
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Climate: Canada's pan-Canadian climate change framework, including national emissions-reductions targets and, policies/plans to achieve them.
- Consumer Issues: Policies with respect to fuel prices
- Energy: Canada's energy policy with respect to a North American clean energy and environment agreement; policies with respect to fuel supply security; policies with respect to energy efficiency; SmartWay; policies with respect to emissions life cycle analysis; policies with respect to environmental assessment processes.
- Environment: National Pollutant Release Inventory; air quality standards; policy discussions on mobile emissions.
- Health: Chemical Management Plan; implementation of the Global Harmonized System.
- Infrastructure: Canada's policies witgh respect to investment in green infrastructure.
- Research & Development: Fuels emissions testing.
- Science and Technology: Canada's policies with respect to innovation and the use of clean technologies in the energy sector.
- Taxation and Finance: Policies with respect to fuel taxation; policies with respect to tax measures to generate more clean technology investments.
- Transportation: Canada's policies with respect to the Transport of Dangerous Goods; Canada's infrastructure strategy as it pertains to public transit infrastructure and green infrastructure.
- Environment: Multi-Sectoral Air Pollutants regulations; anticipated regulations regarding Petroleum Refinery Gases.
- Transportation: Anticipated regulation amendments pertaining to sulphur levels in real, off-road and marine fuels.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Members of the House of Commons
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
NON-PROFIT ASSOCIATION REPRESENTING CANADIAN COMPANIES INVOLVED IN THE REFINING, DISTRIBUTING &/OR MARKETING OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS. CONDUCTS RESEARCH TO DEVELOP INDUSTRY POLICY ON HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND BUSINESS ISSUES. ACTIVITIES INCLUDE: ESTABLISHING ENVIRONMENTAL POLICIES; DEVELOPING GUIDELINES FOR THE SAFE HANDLING OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS; PROVIDING INFORMATION ON INDUSTRY ACTIVITIES TO THE PUBLIC; AND DEVELOPING WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC INTEREST GROUPS TO ADDRESS ISSUES OF COMMON CONCERN.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Peter Boag, President
Organization's membership or classes of membershipCLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP: GENERAL MEMBER - ANY PERSON ENGAGED IN THE MANUFACTURE, SALE AND DISTRIBUTION OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN CANADA WHO CONSENTS TO BE A MEMBER OF THE ASSOCIATION. ASSOCIATE MEMBER - ANY PERSON ENGAGED IN THE SALE AND DISTRIBUTION OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN CANADA WHO CONSENTS TO BE A MEMBER OF THE ASSOCIATION.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1000 - 275 SLATER STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5H9
Fax number: 613-236-4280
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- BRIAN AHEARN, VICE-PRESIDENT, WESTERN DIVISION | No public offices held
- PETER BOAG, PRESIDENT | Public offices held
- ERIC BRISTOW, DIRECTOR, GOV'T & STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS | No public offices held
- AMELIE FERRON-CRAIG, MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS | No public offices held
- FAITH GOODMAN, NATIONAL CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY | No public offices held
- ROB HOFFMAN, DIRECTOR, GOVERNMENT & STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS | No public offices held
- CAROL MONTREUIL, VICE-PRESIDENT, EASTERN CANADA DIVISION | No public offices held
- GILLES MOREL, DIRECTOR, FUELS | No public offices held
- WILLIAM SIMPKINS, PUBLIC AFFAIRS - NATIONAL | No public offices held
- LISA STILBORN, VICE-PRESIDENT, ONTARIO DIVISION | Public offices held