Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Dental Association / l'Association Dentaire Canadienne / CLAUDE PAUL BOIVIN, Executive Director
Version 23 of 23 (2019-10-16 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- ISO TECHNICAL COMMITTEE 106: creation of international standards for dental devices and materials
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- EXCISE TAX ACT: GST AND DENTAL SERVICES: Changes to the application of the GST (zero-rate) on Dental practices
- Federal Budgetary Process with regard to funding of dental care
- PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT ACT (PIPEDA): PRIVACY PROTECTION OF HEALTH INFORMATION AND THE REGULATORY REVIEW: Improvement to privacy legislation to protect the privacy of health information
- PRE-BUDGET CONSULTATIONS: Federal investments or taxation changes to improve the oral health care of Canadians and practice environment for dentists
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- CEPA (Canadian Environment Protection Act) - Mercury- ROMS (Risk Management Strategy) with regard to safe disposal of dental amalgam waste.
Policies or Program
- DENTAL EDUCATION: Increase funding for Canadian Faculties of Dentistry
- FLUORIDE: promotion of positive public health initiatives and achievements
- HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS): Investment and needed regulations to facilitate the development of EHRs in Canada
- HEALTH PROMOTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION: Increased investment and improved regulations to protect and enhance the oral health of Canadians
- Indigenous Children's Oral Health: Programs and policies related to prevention and care of children's oral health in Indigenous communities.
- MARKETING TO KIDS: Sugar/Healthy Eating: to discuss the importance regarding regulations surrounding food and beverage marketing to young children. Healthy Eating: to discuss the issue of food labeling and healthy eating for Canadians and its positive impact on oral health.
- NATIONAL TOBACCO CONTROL PROGRAMS: Strengthening Canada's tobacco control strategy
- Non-Insured Health Benefits: Improvement to the dental program in order to enhance the oral health status of patients accessing the program.
- ORAL HEALTH RESEARCH: increased funding for research to help improve the oral health of Canadians
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: increased funding and federal leadership to improveprovincially funded dental programs for persons with disabilities.
- SENIORS ORAL HEALTH: funding and administration of oral health care for seniors living independently and in long term care facilities
- Taxation of Health Benefits: to discuss the negative impact and strain that taxing employer provided health benefits would have on the health of Canadians and on the provincially funded healthcare system.
- Chemical Management Plan - The Challenge Process, with regard to regulation of Bisphenol A in oral health care.
- LOBBYING ACT REGULATIONS: Improvement to the existing legislation that addresses lobbying in Canada
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Dental Association is the nation's voice for dentistry dedicated to the promotion of optimal oral health, an essential component of general health, and to the advancement of a unified profession.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
CLAUDE PAUL BOIVIN, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipIndividual Members - Canadian Dentists- Corporate Members - Provincial Dental Associations
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1815 Alta Vista Dr.
Ottawa, ON K1G 3Y6
Fax number: 613-523-7663
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Claude Paul Boivin, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Aaron Burry, Associate Director, Professional Affairs | No public offices held
- Jessica Daoud, Coordinator, Public Affairs | No public offices held
- Kevin Desjardins, Director, Public Affairs | No public offices held
- John O'Keefe, Director, Knowledge Networks | No public offices held
- Benoit Soucy, Director, Clinical & Scientific Affairs | No public offices held