- Arts and Culture
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Seeking contribution from Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario for a project called Project Enhancements
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) – provision of clarity and certainty to key terms and ensure business activities are not unduly impeded through application of the regulations
- Digital Privacy Act (S-4) – consultation and discussions relating to the disclosure of personal information by technology companies.
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations – discussions on the specific employment needs of high-skilled, high-demand sectors, with a view towards adapting the program to the various short and long term requirements of the ICT industry.
- Income Tax Act – discussions relating to changes in the Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program (SR&ED)
- Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) – consultations on operations.
- Privacy Act – consultation and discussions pertaining to the reporting of personal information by technology companies.
- Protecting Canadians from Online Crime Act (Bill C-13) – pertaining to the impact of the legislation on the liability of search companies, as well as the scope of data-preservation orders.
Policies or Program
- Economic Action Plan 2012 – discussions with respect to the mid-term deployment of funds under the Canadian Venture Capital Action Plan.
- Increasing productivity through the adoption of technology, largely through the continued development of a national strategy for the digital economy. • Driving innovation and competitiveness in the technology sector by advocating for fiscal measures that support research and development, a tax regime which encourages research and innovation, and open access to markets and capital. • Improving the talent pool, skills, and diversity of the technology sector by supporting policies and programs which increase the availability of ICT workers in Canada and attract high-skilled professionals in high-demand fields from abroad. • Modernizing the public sector in its use of information technology through initiatives which promote the adoption and availability of new technologies and e-solutions, particularly in the field of healthcare.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
220 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 1120
Ottawa, ON K1P 5Z9
Principal representative of the client
Karna Gupta, President & CEO
Parent Company Information
Information Technology Association of Canada / Association canadienne de la technologie de l'information is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Information Technology Association of Canada / Association canadienne de la technologie de l'information is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Information Technology Association of Canada / Association canadienne de la technologie de l'information are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Information Technology Association of Canada / Association canadienne de la technologie de l'information does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
45 O'CONNOR STREET, SUITE 1540
OTTAWA, ON K1P 1A4
Consultant Firm and Address
The Capital Hill Group Inc.
45 O'CONNOR STREET, SUITE 1540
OTTAWA, ON K1P 1A4