Registration - In-house Organization
Colleges and Institutes Canada / Collèges et instituts Canada / Denise Amyot, President and Chief Executive Officer
Version 5 of 43 (2011-07-22 to 2012-01-10)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject matters added through a monthly communication report
- International Development
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Direct 5% of federal investment in research to applied research, product development and commercialization carried out by colleges and institutes and their private sector partners
- Discussions underway for a new international partnership program - Education for Employment which will support educational reform of technical education in Mozambique, Senegal and Tanzania.
- Enhanced opportunities for Aboriginal learners, immigrants and disadvantaged groups to access postsecondary education and training and labour market.
- Expansion of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council College and Community Innovation Program
- Federal Investment for a national college and institute mobility program for faculty and student exchanges between Francophone Institutions and Anglophone Institutions.
- Increase domesting and international student mobility to the mid-point of other OECD countries.
- Increased federal investments with regard to college and institute costs of supporting applied research through the Indicrect Costs Program.
- Review of the SR&ED Tax Credit Program to encourage greater participation of small and medium-sized businesses and providing mechanisms for colleges and institutes to assist them in the process.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Changes to the Copyright Law to include an amendment to address the educational use of the Internet by postsecondary institutions, teachers and students.
- Extension of the 100% GST exemption that has been afforded to municipalities to postsecondary institutions as recommended by the Standing Committee on Finance
Policies or Program
- Creation of a college and Institute Internship Program to expose more students to private sector research challenges.
- Creation of a permanent Rural Knowledge Clusters Program to enable colleges and institutes to be catlysts in their communities for economic development and poverty alleviation.
- Dedicated funding of college and institute facilities, technology and equipment
- Discussions underway with Statistics Canada for current college and institute data.
- Discussions underway with the Canadian International Development Agency with respect to a proposal for a new partnership between colleges and institutes and the Caribbean and the Andes with respect to education and training.
- Discussions underway with the federal government for recognition of college and institute applied degrees as equal to university degrees as stipulated in a statement by the Council of Ministers.
- Enhancement of the federal infrastructure policy with respect to college and institute infrastructure and acquisition of leading edge technology.
- Examination of all federal training programs with the goal of eliminating fragmentation, short term funding and inequities for learners.
- Harmonization and simplification of immigration policies with respect to facilitating study and work permit processes.
- Introduction of new tax measures to encourage employer/employee based training, address literacy training and essential skills as well as an increase in internships and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Modification of the Employment Insurance Program to enable workers currently in the workforce to access funding for skills upgrading.
- Research integrity related issues with respect to the review of the federal granting agencies' policiy framework for research integrity and the Tri-Council Memorandum of Understanding on roles and Responsibilities in the Management of Federal Grants and Awards.
- Review of the Canada Student Loan Program with respect to increased grants, modernization and simplification measures and increased flexibility for students in debt repayment.
- Targeted federal transfer payments for postsecondary education.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Roundtables and Consultations
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Bank of Canada
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canada Labour Relations Board (CLRB)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
- Elections Canada
- Environment Canada
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
- Industry Canada
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Member of Parliament
- Members of the House of Commons
- National Defence (DND)
- National Film Board (NFB)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying (OCL)
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Service Commission of Canada (PSC)
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Service Canada (ServCan)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Strategic Aerospace and Defence Initiative (SADI)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
ACCC is the national and international voice of Canada's post-secondary colleges, institutes of technology, university-colleges,cégeps and polytechnics. A membership-based organization, ACCC acts as a forum and advocate for 150 institutions, representing their interests to government and industry.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
James Knight, President and Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipMembership is open to Canadian publicly-funded community colleges, institutes of technology, university-colleges, cégeps and polytechnics. An associate membership category is open to organizations with an interest in technical and vocational education and the development capacity of colleges.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2010-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)||$10,444,630.00||Yes|
|Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)||$10,000,000.00||Yes|
|Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)||$75,790.00||Yes|
|Health Canada (HC)||$71,750.00||Yes|
|Health Canada (HC)||$500,000.00||Yes|
|Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)||$4,500,000.00||Yes|
|Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)||$3,150,430.00||Yes|
|Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)||$75,790.00||Yes|
|Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)||$89,650.00||Yes|
|Public Works and Government Services Canada||$320,085.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
1223 Michael Street North, Suite 200
Ottawa, ON K1J 7T2
Fax number: 613-746-6721
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- André Beaudry, Vice-President, Canadian Partnership | No public offices held
- Terry Anne Boyles, Vice-President, Public Affairs | No public offices held
- Anne Brazeau-Monnet, Senior Government Relations Officer | No public offices held
- Paul Brennan, Vice-President, International Partnership | No public offices held
- Michele Clarke, Public Affairs, Director | No public offices held
- Marie-Josée Fortin, Director, International Partnerships Programs | No public offices held
- James Knight, President and Chief Executive Officer | Public offices held
- Ramon Lashley, Corporate Service Vice President | No public offices held