Registration - In-house Organization
David Suzuki Foundation / Fondation David Suzuki / Stephen Cornish, Chief Executive Officer
Version 27 of 45 (2016-04-14 to 2016-09-15)
- Consumer Issues
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- DFO - changes to Fisheries Act, concerning the use of lights during fishing
- Input into new National Park Reserves near urban centers
Policies or Program
- Canada Revenue Agency - charity regulations and policies
- Chemicals Management Plan with respect to assessment and regulation of chemicals on the CEPA Domestic Substances List.
- Ensuring Canada assumes its responsibilities in preventing dangerous climate change specifically, legislated GHG emission reduction targets for 2020 and 2050.
- Federal Sustainable Development Strategy and the implementation thereof with respect to policies that will enable the government to meet the FSDS environmental goals and targets.
- Implementation of Canada's Policy for the Conservation of Wild Pacific Salmon
- Implementation of a marine planning process for the Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area.
- Introduction of policies applying the principles of Ecological Fiscal Reform.
- Parks planning, establishment and the maintenance of ecological integrity in national parks.
- Pesticide Regulations and Pest Management Regulatory Agencies Approval Process
- Aquaculture regulations under the Fisheries Act
- Metal Mining Effluent Regulations under the Fisheries Act.
- Regulations respecting the stringency of the fuel efficiency of motor vehicles under The Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption Standards Act.
- Regulations under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act with respect to intensity regulations, greenhouse gases, offset rules and the Technology Fund.
- Regulations under the Species At Risk Act advocating the listing of species, identification of critical habitat, policies related to the spirit and intent of the Act.
- Regulatory Framework for Air Emissions/Comprehensive Air Management System with respect to regulating industrial air pollutant emissions and establishing national ambient air quality objectives pursuant to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Federal Environmental Assessment Review Office (FEARO)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Energy Board (NEB)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Auditor General of Canada (OAG)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transport Canada (TC)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The David Suzuki Foundation is a charitable organization that works through science and education to find ways for Canadians to live in balance with the natural world that sustains us.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Peter Robinson, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe Foundation is a non-share corporation incorporated under British Columbia's Society Act. It has one class of voting members.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
219 - 2211 West 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 4S2
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Ian Bruce, Science and Policy Manager | No public offices held
- Gideon Foreman, Climate Change and Transportation Policy Analyst | No public offices held
- Stephen Foster, Howe Sound Campaign Lead | No public offices held
- Lisa Gue, Environmental Health Policy Analyst | No public offices held
- Karel Mayrand, Director General, Quebec and Atlantic Canada | No public offices held
- Faisal Moola, Director General, Ontario & Northern Region | No public offices held
- Rachel Plotkin, Ontario Science Projects Manager | No public offices held
- Jay Ritchlin, Director General, BC & Western Region | No public offices held
- Peter Robinson, Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held
- Scott Wallace, Senior Research Scientist | No public offices held
- Bill Wareham, Science Projects Manager, Western Region | No public offices held
- John Werring, Senior Science & Policy Advisor | No public offices held
- Jeffery Young, Senior Science & Policy Analyst | No public offices held