Registration - In-house Organization
International Centre for Infectious Diseases / Heather Medwick, Chief Execuitve Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 69
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 13 of 14 (2015-11-03 to 2016-04-06)
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada - Seeking funding from the Global Partnership Program for improving biosafety and biosecurity with GPP Biological Security Partners.
- Health Canada - seeking funding for the development of a Global Health Program
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Seeking funding support for national and international biosafety initiatives
- Public Health Agency of Canada - ICID has a contract to support the operation of the Canadian Network on Public Health Intelligence.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - ICID was funded to host the International Symposium on Natural Immunity to HIV (HIV is human immunodeficiency virus). ICID is now seeking funding to host the Natural Immunity to HIV International Research Consortium.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - International Centre for Infectious Diseases (ICID) is host to the National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases which is funded through the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - seeking funding for activities that support the mandate of the Canadian Network on HPV Prevention (HPV is human papillomavirsus)
- Public Health Agency of Canada - seeking funding for enhancing pandemic preparedness for small and medium sized businesses
- Public Health Agency of Canada - seeking funding for research on pandemic preparedness for marginalized populations
- Public Health Agency of Canada - seeking funding to support a national program on HPV prevention in Aboriginal communities. HPV stands for Human papillomavirus.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada - seeking funding to support HIV/Aids prevention activities in Ukraine. HIV stands for Human immunodeficiency virus.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - ICID is host of the Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative's Research and Development Alliance. HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Health Canada (HC)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Members of the House of Commons
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada (PSEPC)
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Senate of Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- House of Commons
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The International Centre for Infectious Diseases Inc (ICID), a Canadian not-for-profit created in 2004, is a resource for the prevention and control of infectious diseases in Canada and beyond. Its mandate is to partner to reduce the impact of infectious diseases. To achieve this, ICID brings people and resources together to catalyze solutions that target infectious diseases. Its niche is in its ability to provide: A neutral, third party platform for infectious disease projects, initiatives, and research. A base for collaboration among government, academia, private sector and NGOs. An unbiased, independent source of scientific expertise and information regarding infectious disease and related public health issues. ICID bridges theory and practice by: Synthesizing and translating knowledge Creating networks and virtual communities Developing and offering training and professional development programs Coordinating research Evaluating programs and policies ICID is a resource for: Information on emerging infectious diseases Evidence for public health policies and programs Subject matter expertise on infectious disease and public health issues Project and program leadership and management
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Heather Medwick, Chief Execuitve Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipNo membership, but a Board of Directors
End date of the last completed financial year: 2015-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada||$34,776.00||Yes|
|Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)||$1,806,895.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
515 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
Fax number: 204-946-0927
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Deborah Douglas, Program Manager | No public offices held
- Joel Kettner, Medical Director | No public offices held
- Heather Medwick, President & CEO | No public offices held