Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Physiotherapy Association / Association canadienne de physiotherapie / John-Paul Cody-Cox, Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 48
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 12 of 12 (2019-10-04 to present)
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Caseload Guidelines: Joint application for funding from Health Canada for Caseload Guidelines development for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy. and Speech Language Pathology.
Policies or Program
- Adult physiotherapy services covered under the Non-Insured Health Benefits program
- Health Human Resource Strategy: Explore opportunities to develop health human resource strategy for the profession of physiotherapy.
- Improving access to safe and effective pain management, such as physiotherapy, as an upstream response to the opioid crisis
- Internationally Educated Health Professionals: Monitoring issues related to emerging needs of profession and population.
- Raise awareness about the role of physiotherapy within a multidisciplinary approach to healthcare and educate policymakers on how physiotherapy can help reduce healthcare costs, support preventative care and contribute to a healthier Canadian population at all stages of life.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Physiotherapy Association is the professional association representing over 10,000 physiotherapists across Canada. It is a voluntary membership organization with the mission to provide leadership and direction to the physiotherapy profession, foster excellence in practice, education and research, and promote high standards of health in Canada.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
John-Paul Cody-Cox, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipMembers of CPA are physiotherapists who hold current or past registration with a provincial regulatory board, or who have graduated from an accredited Canadian university physiotherapy academic program.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
270 - 955 GREEN VALLEY CRESCENT
OTTAWA, ON K2C 3V4
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Melissa Anderson, Chief Advocacy Officer | No public offices held
- John-Paul Cody-Cox, CEO | No public offices held