Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Worker Co-operative Federation / La Fédération canadienne des coopératives de travail / HAZEL CORCORAN, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Total Number of Communication Reports: 11
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 24 of 24 (2019-09-30 to present)
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Regional Development
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Creating a Canadian Cooperative Development Fund. Cofunded by the federal government and the cooperative sector. This Fund would provide large and medium sized capitalization loans to new and existing cooperatives
- Creation of a program for business transfer to worker-owned co-operatives, as well as a technical assistance program to facilitate worker co-op development.
- The creation of a federal Cooperative Investment Plan which would provide a federal tax credit for cooperative members and employees who invest in producer (such as agriculture, fishery, forestry) and employee owned cooperatives
Policies or Program, Regulation
- A bold approach to climate change regulation by Canada which includes zero carbon emissions by 2050, and a focus on climate justice for the most vulnerable.This is a focus on an integrated and cross-departmental regulatory approach to reducing GHG emissions in the Canadian economy.
- Self-directed RRSP rules re: prohibited investments. We continue to seek to have the rule changes made in 2011 reversed or mitigated, as they affect worker co-ops.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The CWCF is the national, bilingual association of worker co-ops, multi-stakeholder co-ops and worker-shareholder co-ops. It hosts a network of worker co-op developers and administers a pilot "Tenacity Works" capital fund.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
HAZEL CORCORAN, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe membership is made up of Worker Co-operatives and Worker Co-operative Developers.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
104- 402 30th Ave. N.E.
calgary, AB T2E 2E3
Fax number: 403-338-0226
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Russell Christianson, Member | No public offices held
- Hazel Corcoran, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Sonja Novkovic, Developer Member | No public offices held
- Alain Roy, Government Relations Officer | Public offices held