- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Expansion of section 178.1-178.5 of the Excise Tax Act to include direct selling companies and their representatives who operate on a sales agent basis.
Policies or Program
- Discussions with Status of Women Canada regarding programs relating to women's economic security
- Employment Insurance Act - as it relates to programs for self-employed individuals.
- Competition Act - as it relates to the regulation of multi-level marketing plans
- Food and Drugs Act - Natural Health Products Regulations as they relate to product approvals
- Regulations developed under legislation formerly known as Bill C-28 (An Act to promote the efficiency and adaptability of the Canadian economy by regulating certain activities that discourage reliance on electronic means of carrying out commercial activities, and to amend the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Telecommunications Act (Fighting Internet and Wireless Spam Act)) with respect to electronic messages sent by direct sellers.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Finance Canada (FIN)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Senate of Canada
Status of Women Canada (SWC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
100 West Beaver Creek Road, Unit #3
Toronto, ON L4B 1H4
Principal representative of the client
Ken Mulhall, President
Parent Company Information
DIRECT SELLERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
DIRECT SELLERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of DIRECT SELLERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
DIRECT SELLERS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
201 - 130 ALBERT STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5G4
Consultant Firm and Address
Lorimer Public Affairs
201 - 130 Albert Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4