Registration - In-house Organization
Freight Management Association of Canada / Association Canadienne de Gestion du Fret / ROBERT BALLANTYNE, PRESIDENT
Total Number of Communication Reports: 17
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 20 of 24 (2015-12-30 to 2016-05-18)
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada Transportation Act, Statutory Review. On June 25, 2014, the Minister of Transport announced the commencement of the statutory review of the Act. FMA will provide input to the Commisioner of the Review on behalf of its memebr companies.
- SHIPPING CONFERENCE EXEMPTION ACT (SCEA) with respect to legal shipping cartels, CITA is the shipper organization designated in the Act to provide input from the purchasers of marine freight transporation.
- Air Cargo Security. FMA will work with Transport Canada to promote the air cargo security regime with shippers. The plan provides for voluntary participation by shippers and FMA will assist with communication to the shipper community.
- Railway Tank Car Regulations - proposed changes. FMA has been consulted and has provided feedback to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Directorate on proposed changes to the regulattions
- Regulations to implement IMO (International Maritime Organization) container weighing verification for international trade. FMA has met with, and will continue to meet with the Transport Canada marine safety officials responsible for amendments to Canadian regulations to give effect under Canadian law to the IMO regulations.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Members of the House of Commons
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
THE FREIGHT MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF CANADA -ASSOCIATION CANADIENNE DE GESTION DU FRET (FMA-AGF) IS THE NATIONAL VOICE OF THE SHIPPER, REPRESENTING APPROXIMATELY 115 SHIPPERS FROM EVERY INDUSTRIAL SECTOR. CITA-ACTI MEMBERS PURCHASE OVER $6 BILLION A YEAR IN TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AND CONTRIBUTE OVER $120 BILLION ANNUALLY TO CANADA'S GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
ROBERT BALLANTYNE, PRESIDENT
Organization's membership or classes of membershipTHE FMA-AGF MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES SOME OF THE LARGEST PURCHASERS OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES IN CANADA, INCLUDING SECTORS SUCH AS AGRICULTURAL COMPANIES, RETAIL, PULP & PAPER, AUTOMOTIVE, PROCESSED FOOD PRODUCTS AND METAL REFINING OPERATIONS AND MANY MORE.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
405, 580 Terry Fox Drive
Ottawa, ON K2L 4C2
Fax number: 613-599-1295
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- ROBERT BALLANTYNE, PRESIDENT | No public offices held
- CYNTHIA HICK, VICE-PRESIDENT | No public offices held
- FORREST HUME, ADVISOR | No public offices held