Registration - In-house Corporation
HONDA CANADA INC. / Dave Gardner, PRESIDENT, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND SECRETARY
Version 39 of 40 (2020-01-06 to 2020-02-14)
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject matters added through a monthly communication report
- Economic Development
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- CANADA-JAPAN ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT - Relating to the need for fair, equitable and transparent trade agreements on a multi-lateral basis.
- Introduction of back-to-work legislation for Honda Canada related shipping and transportation services.
- MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY ACT - Alignment with U.S. safety standards, flexibility on regulations for vehicles, target setting for greenhouse gases, and improved recall completion rates.
- NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT - Relating to the need to ensure protection of the integrated nature of auto industry and supplier network in North America.
- TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT (U.S.A) - Identifying, monitoring, and mitigating risks associated with U.S. tax reform.
- TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT - Relating to the need for fair, equitable and transparent trade agreements on a multi-lateral basis.
Policies or Program
- CHEMICAL MANAGEMENT PLAN - Clarifying ongoing use of substances in Canada.
- NATURAL RESOURCES CANADA (NRCan) - Support for Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure. Consultation on the Clean Fuels Standard.
- National Zero-Emissions Vehicle Strategy: Providing expert industry input related to a federal ZEV strategy as it relates to mandates and voluntary programs, infrastructure, supply, and public awareness. Participation in various Advisory Groups.
- Output Based Pricing System - Providing expert industry input on development of program
- Provide update to the Government about the Canadian Automotive Service Information Standard
- STRATEGIC INNOVATION FUND - Ensuring competitiveness of automobile manufacturing in Canada.
- HARMONIZED GHG REGULATION - Ensuring one national GHG standard aligned with the U.S.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
MANUFACTURE AND SALE OF AUTOMOBILES, MOTORCYCLES, POWER EQUIPMENT, MARINE PRODUCTS AND SPARE PARTS.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Dave Gardner, PRESIDENT, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND SECRETARY
End date of the last completed financial year: 2019-03-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Ministry of Economic Development, Employment, Job Creation and Trade||$28,414,620.00||Yes|
In-house Corporation Contact Information
180 HONDA BOULEVARD
MARKHAM, ON L6C 0H9
Parent Company Information
- AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC.
1919 TORRANCE BOULEVARD
TORRANCE, CA 90501-2746
United States of America
- 1919 TORRANCE BOULEVARD
- HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD.
1-1-2 CHOME MINAMI-AOYAMA
- 1-1-2 CHOME MINAMI-AOYAMA
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
HONDA CANADA INC. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Marcello D'Auria, Manager, HCM Accounting & HCM Finance Leader | No public offices held
- KEN DICK, SENIOR MANAGER, SERVICE QUALITY | No public offices held
- Barry Holt, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer | No public offices held
- Akemi Kitamura, Environmental Planning Coordinator | No public offices held
- Thomas Lake, Vice President, Honda of Canada Manufacturing | No public offices held
- Kevin Mullins, HCM Associate Services | No public offices held
- Joel Perron, Compliance Specialist, MCPE | No public offices held
- Brian Robinson, Compliance Specialist | No public offices held
- Alana Taylor, Group Leader, Communications and Community Relations | No public offices held
- Mathew Ward, Vice President and Division Manager of Business Planning Division Honda of Canada Manufacturing | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- DAVE GARDNER, PRESIDENT, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND SECRETARY | No public offices held
- Loulia Kouchaji, Government Relations Lead | No public offices held
- HANIF NORI, MANAGER, GOVERNMENT & ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS | No public offices held
- FINDLAY SAMS, SUPERVISOR, PRODUCT REGULATION & COMPLIANCE | No public offices held