Registration - In-house Organization
National Cattle Feeders' Association / Association nationale des engraisseurs de bovins / Janice Tranberg, President and CEO
Version 16 of 22 (2015-10-26 to 2016-03-18)
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Advocating to decision-makers the importance of securing an adequate pool of labour for the agricultural and agri-food processing sector. Urging consideration of the recommendations in the National Labour Action Plan developed by the chairs of the eleven Agriculture Value Chain Roundtables.
- Communication on mandatory Country of Origin Labelling in the USA.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Commenting on public consultations to regulatory reforms underway at the CFIA. In particular, we have communicated with CFIA on proposed changes to the feed regulations (labelling, feed ingredient authorization, and preventive controls), the "New Regulatory Framework for Federal Food Inspection: Overview of Proposed Regulations", and the CFIA's discussion document "Incorporation by Reference: Discussion Document." We will be providing input and suggestions on CFIA proposals to change the regulations surrounding transport of livestock and recently opened consultation on proposed traceability regulations for cattle and bison. There are no specific regulations that we want to see changed, but are making suggestions to CFIA on what is being proposed (but not yet implemented). Continue to work with the CFIA on a pilot project for e-certification for the export of cattle, promoting the work of the Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC), and modernization of of the regulations for veterinary drugs.
- Consulting with the Canadian Grain Commission on their proposal to license feed mills and require security.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Health Canada (HC)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- House of Commons
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The National Cattle Feeders' Association (NCFA) is a trade organization established in 2007 to represent Canadian cattle feeders. NCFA focuses on national issues that impact on beef production and the economic and business interests of cattle feeders across Canada. NCFA works collaboratively with other cattle industry associations, societies, and organizations to strengthen and improve the Canadian cattle feeding industry.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Bryan Walton, General Manager
Organization's membership or classes of membershipMembership in NCFA is comprised of provincial cattle feeder organizations and cattle associations who voluntarily contribute financial dues to support NCFA and its activities.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2014-12-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)||$7,493.96||Yes|
|Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency||$12,506.72||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
#6,11010 - 46th Street S.E
Calgary, AB T2C 1G4
Fax number: 403-209-3225
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Casey Vander Ploeg, Manager, Policy and Research | No public offices held
- Bryan Walton, General Manager | No public offices held