Registration - In-house Organization
Law Society Ontario / Barreau de l'Ontario / Diana Miles, Chief Executive Office
Total Number of Communication Reports: 103
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 20 of 20 (2019-10-16 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Constitutional Issues
- Consumer Issues
- Financial Institutions
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Reforms to the Criminal Code to implement rules related to the search of law offices.
Policies or Program
- Changes to banking procedures related to cheque imaging.
- Family Law court reform to facilitate greater access to justice.
- Internal trade policy relating to legal services delivered in Canada.
- International trade policy related to legal services performed in Ontario and Canada
- Regulations enacted pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act as it pertains to the regulation of the legal profession.
- The regulation of immigration consultants in the province of Ontario and its impact on the independence of the legal profession.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Senate of Canada
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Regulator of lawyers and paralegals in Ontario, operating pursuant to the Law Society Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter L.8.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Diana Miles, Chief Executive Office
Organization's membership or classes of membershipAll lawyers licensed in Ontario to practise law as barristers and solicitors, and all paralegals licensed in Ontario to provide legal services are members of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
130 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N6
Fax number: 416-947-3302
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Malcolm Mercer, Treasurer | No public offices held
- Diana Miles, Chief Executive Office | No public offices held
- Cara-Marie O'Hagen, Executive Director, Policy | No public offices held
- Sheena Weir, Executive Director External Relations and Communications | No public offices held